Total views : 284
A Systematic Review of Type-2 Diabetes by Hadoop/Map-Reduce
Objectives: The goal is to study about the disease called Diabetes Mellitus (Type_2) and how to cure it for better healthcare. Methods/Statistical Analysis: To explore dataset of the Type-2 Diabetes and R environment statisticallythe Hadoop/Map- Reducer algorithm will be used.Findings:Analyzing the different parameters of the disease, apart from medical diagnosis and causal agents, our review shows that by using Big Data we can predict the other factors which result in demographic variations of diabetes, geographical distribution of disease and its causes and other factors needed for better outcomes of healthcare. Application/Improvements: Big data is mostly used for data analytics in business, more research is needed to make use of this technology in other fields where the data generated is huge.
Big-data, Diabetes-Mellitus (DM), Hadoop.
- Yang JJ, Li J, Mulder J, Wang Y, Chen S, Wu H. Emerging information technologies for enhanced healthcare. Computers in Industry. 2015 May, 69:3–11.
- Lizhe Wang, Ranjan R, Kolodziej, Zomaya A. Software tools and techniques for big data computing in health-care clouds. Future Generation Computer Systems. 2015 Feb; 43:38–9.
- Big-Data [Internet]. [Cited 2015 Apr 05]. Available from: https://www.ida.gov.sg/~/media/Files/Infocomm Landscape/Technology/TechnologyRoadmap/BigData.pdf.
- Kumar NM, Manjula R. Role of big data analytics in rural health care – a step towards Svasth Bharath. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies. 2014; 5(6):7172–78.
- Aljumah A, Ahamad M, Siddiqui M. Application of data mining: diabetes health care in young and old patients. Journal of King Saud University-Computer and Information Sciences. 2015; 25(2):127–36.
- Rajesh K, Sangeetha V. Application of data mining methods and techniques for diabetes diagnosis. The International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology. 2012; 2(3):224–29.
- Sharmila K, Vethamanickam SA. Survey on data mining algorithm and its application in healthcare sector using Hadoop platform. International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering. 2015; 5(1):567–71.
- Archenaa J, Anita EAM. A survey of big data analytics in healthcare and government. Procedia Computer Science. 2015; 50:408–13.
- Ren Y, Werner R, Pazzi N, Boukerche A. Monitoring patients via a secure and mobile healthcare system. IEEE Wireless Communications. 2010 Feb; 17(1).
- Dean J, Ghemawat S. MapReduce: Simplified data processing on large clusters. ACM; 2008.
- Yean J et al. White paper by U.S. General Services Administration, Big data bigger opportunities.
- Hamilton B et al. Cognizant white paper. Big data is the future of healthcare; 2010.
- Patel JA, Sharma P. Big data for better health planning. 2014 International Conference on Advances in Engineering and Technology Research (ICAETR); 2014.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.