Total views : 476
A Methodical Review on Issues of Medical Image Management System with Watermarking Approach
Objective: The main objective of this research article is to study how watermarking has solved issues evolved in medical management system through various techniques. Method/Analysis: With the advent of technology, medical management system has improved to great extent by sharing medical data for clinical diagnosis, treatment, education, research and other applications. The common uses of watermarking in medical image management system are safe archiving, memory storage, captioning, authentication, controlled access retrieval and effective distribution of information. . In order to conduct the survey, various digital libraries have been explored and research work of last five years is taken into consideration for analysis. Findings: Based on the analysis, the identified techniques have been classified into three main broad categories and few subcategories. The three main categories are: 1. Tamper Detection and authentication/Integrity/Security 2. EPR hiding 3. Hybrid/ all-in-one solution. Novelty/improvement: Later on for further analysis and understanding we have presented the findings in Table 1.
EPR, DICOM, Spatial and Transform Domain Techniques, Watermarking.
- Kuang LQ, Zhang Y, Han X. A medical image authentication system based on reversible digital watermarking. Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Information Science and Engineering (ICISE); 2009. p. 1047–50.
- Münch H, Engelmann U, Schröter A, Meinzer HP. The integration of medical images with the electronic patient record and their web-based distribution. Academic Radiology. 2004; 11(6):661–68.
- Bhatnagar G, Wu QMJ. Biometrics inspired watermarking based on a fractional dual tree complex wavelet transform. Future Generation Computer Systems. 2013; 29(1):182–95.
- Stephen TCW, Marco A, Huang HK. Authenticity techniques for PACS images and records. Medical Imaging, International Society for Optics and Photonics. 1995:68–79.
- William P, Rodrigues JM. A new crypto-watermarking method for medical images safe transfer. Proceedings of 12th European Conference on Signal Processing; 2004. p. 1481–4.
- Rathi SC, Inamdar. Analysis of watermarking techniques for medical images preserving ROI. Computer Science and Information Technology (CS & IT 05)-open access-Computer Science Conference Proceedings (CSCP); 2005. p. 297–308.
- Gunjal BL, Mali SN. ROI based embedded watermarking of medical images for secured communication in telemedicine. International Journal of Computer and Communication Engineering, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. 2012; 6(8):293–8.
- Faoziyah PN, Permana FP, Wirayuda TAB, Wisesty UN. Tamper detection and recovery of medical image watermarking using modified LSB and Huffman compression. Proceedings of Second International Conference on Informatics and Applications (ICIA) IEEE; 2013. p. 129–32.
- Kannammal A, Rani SS. Two level security for medical images using watermarking/encryption algorithms. International Journal of Imaging Systems and Technology, Wiley Online Library. 2014; 24(1):111–20.
- Eswaraiah R, Reddy ES. Medical image watermarking technique for accurate tamper detection in ROI and exact recovery of ROI. International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications. 2014; 1(3):1–10.
- Agung BWR, Permana FP. Medical image watermarking with tamper detection and recovery using reversible watermarking with LSB modification and Run Length Encoding (RLE) compression. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communication, Networks and Satellite (ComNetSat); 2012. p. 167–71.
- Eswaraiah R, Edara SR. Novel medical image watermarking technique for detecting tampers inside ROI and recovering original ROI. IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology (ISSPIT). 2014. p. 321–6.
- Aherrahrou N, Tairi H. PDE based scheme for multi-modal medical image watermarking. Biomedical Engineering Online. 2015; 14(1):1–19.
- Solanki N, Malik SK. ROI based medical image watermarking with zero distortion and enhanced security. International Journal of Modern Education and Computer Science. 2014; 6(10):40–8.
- Umamageswari A, Suresh GR. Secure medical image communication using ROI based lossless watermarking and novel digital signature. Journal of Engineering Research. 2014; 2(3):1–22.
- Gang W, Nini. A fragile watermarking scheme for medical image. Proceedings of 27th EMBS. 2005. p. 3406–9.
- Zain JM, Baldwin LP, Clarke M. Reversible watermarking for authentication of DICOM images. Proceedings of 26th IEMBS, IEEE, 2004, 3237-3240.
- Venkatram N, Reddy LSS, Kishore PVV, Green Fields, Guntur, Vaddeswaram DT. Blind medical image watermarking with LWT–SVD for telemedicine applications. WSEAS Transaction on Signal Processing. 2014; 10(1):288–300.
- Nambakhsh MS, Ahmadian A, Zaidi H. A contextual based double watermarking of PET images by patient ID and ECG signal. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine. 2011; 104(3):418–25.
- Manuel CH, Francisco GU, Mariko NM, Hector PM. Robust watermarking method in DFT domain for effective management of medical imaging. Signal, Image and Video Processing. 2015; 9(5):1163–78.
- Mohananthini N, Yamuna G. A study of DWT-SVD based multiple watermarking scheme for medical images. International Journal of Network Security. 2015; 17(5):558–68.
- Jianfeng L, Wang M, Junping D, Huang Q, Li L, Chang C-C. Multiple watermark scheme based on DWT-DCT quantization for medical images. Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing. 2015; 6(3):458–72.
- Mostafa SAK, El-Sheimy N, Tolba AS, Abdelkader FM, Elhind HM. Wavelet packets-based blind watermarking for medical image management. The Open Biomedical Engineering Journal. 2010; 4:93.
- Acharya R, Bhat PS, Kumar S, Min LC. Transmission and storage of medical images with patient information. Computers in Biology and Medicine. 2003; 33(4):303–10.
- Acharya R, Niranjan UC, Iyengar SS, Kannathal N, Min LC. Simultaneous storage of patient information with medical images in the frequency domain. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine. 2004; 76(1):13–19.
- Nayak J, Bhat PS, Kumar MS, Acharya UR. Reliable and robust transmission and storage of medical images with patient information. Proceedings of SPCOM; 2004. p. 91–5.
- Giakoumaki A, Pavlopoulos S, Koutsouris D. Secure and efficient health data management through multiple watermarking on medical images. Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing, Springer. 2006; 44(8):619–31.
- Das S, Kundu MK. Effective management of medical information through ROI-lossless fragile image watermarking technique. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine. 2013; 111(3):662–75.
- Qershi AL, Osamah M, Khoo BE. Authentication and data hiding using a hybrid ROI-based watermarking scheme for DICOM images. Journal of Digital Imaging. 2011; 24(1):114–25.
- Memon NA, Chaudhry A, Ahmad M, Keerio ZL. Hybrid watermarking of medical images for ROI authentication and recovery. International Journal of Computer Mathematics. 2011; 88(10):2057–71.
- Mousavi SM, Naghsh A, Abu-Bakar SAR. A heuristic automatic and robust ROI detection method for medical image watermarking. Journal of Digital Imaging. 2015; 28(4):417–27.
- Eswaraiah R, Edara SR. Block based medical image watermarking technique for tamper detection and recovery. International Journal of Imaging Systems and Technology. 2014; 2(18):111–20.
- Nyeem H, Boles W, Boyd C. Content-independent embedding scheme for multi-modal medical image watermarking. Biomedical Engineering. 2015;14(1):7.
- Kuang LQ, Zhang Y, Han X. A medical image authentication system based on reversible digital watermarking. Proceedings of 1st ICISE; 2009. p. 1047–50.
- Irany BM, Guo XC, Hatzinakos D. A high capacity reversible multiple watermarking scheme for medical images. Proceedings of 17th DSP; 2011. p. 1–6.
- Pan W, Coatrieux G, Boulahia NC, Cuppens F, Roux C. Medical image integrity control combining digital signature and lossless watermarking. Data Privacy Management and Autonomous Spontaneous Security; 2010. p. 153–62.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.