Total views : 303
Anaphora Resolution in Hindi: Issues and Directions
Natural language processing is way of understanding the human languages by machine which involves the field of computer science and artificial intelligence. The basic aim of NLP is to develop such software that will analyze, understand and generate human languages. It has many challenges anaphora is one of them. Anaphora is considered as the problem of referring pronoun phrase to noun phrase within the sentence or between the sentences. Anaphora resolution is required in various NLP applications. Lot of work has been done in English but less work has been done in Hindi. Anaphora Resolution in Hindi is a complex task because Hindi is independent word order language. Pronouns in Hindi show a great deal of dubiety. This paper presents the various approaches to resolve various issues of anaphora resolution in Hindi. The paper also presents research gaps and direction for future researchers.
5-6 words, Drawn from title, Word representing the work.
- Lakhmani P, Singh S, Mathur P. Gazetteer Method for Resolving Pronominal Anaphora in Hindi Language. International Journal of Advances in Computer Science and Technology. 2014 Mar; 3.
- Mehla K, Karambir, Jangra A. Event Anaphora Resolution in Natural Language Processing for Hindi text. IJISET International Journal of Innovative Science, Engineering and Technology. 2015 Jan; 2(1):678–84.
- Pal TL, Dutta K, Singh P. Anaphora Resolution in Hindi: Issues and Challenges. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012 Mar; 42(18).
- Dutta K, Prakash N, Kaushik S. Resolving pronominal anaphora in hindi using hobbs algorithm. Web Journal of Formal Computation and Cognitive Linguistics. 2008 Jan; 1(10):5607.
- Dutta K, Kaushik S. Anaphor Resolution Approaches: Web Journal of Formal Computation and Cognitive Linguistics. 2008 Jan; 10:71–6.
- Hobbs J. Resolving pronoun references. Lingua, 1978 Jan; 44:311–38.
- Carter DM. A shallow processing approach to anaphor resolution. PhD thesis, Univ of Cambridge, 1987.
- Carbonell JG, Brown RD. Anaphora Resolution: A MultiStrategy Approach. Proceedings 12th International Conference on Computational Linguistics, Budapest. 1988. p. 96–101.
- Mitkov R. Robust anaphora with limited Knowledge. COLING98, Canada. 1994.
- Mitkov R. Anaphor Resolution: a combination Of linguistic and statistical approaches. Proceedings Discourse Anaphora and Anaphor Resolution, UK. 1996.
- Nasukawa T. Robust method of pronoun resolution Using full-text information. COLING’94.
- Connoly D, Burger JD, Day DS. A machine Learning approach to anaphor reference. Proceedings International Conference, New methods in Language Processing , UK. 255–61.
- Boguraev B, Kennedy C. Salience based content characterization of documents. ACL’97/EACL’97 workshop on Intelligent scalable text summarization, Madrid, Spain, 1997; 3–9
- Kennedy C, Boguraev B. Anaphora for Everyone: Pronominal Anaphora Resolution without parser. Proceedings 16th International Conference on Computational Linguistics, Kopenhagen. 1996 Aug; 1113–8.
- Mitkov R. Towards more consistent and Comprehensive evaluation in anaphor resolution. In Proceedings LREC’2000, Athens, Greece. 2000; 1309–14.
- Baldwin B. CogNIAC: high precision co-reference with limited knowledge and linguistic resources. ACL’97 workshop on Operational factors in practical, robust anaphora resolution, Madrid, Spain, 1997; 38–45.
- Roland S. Resolving anaphor References on Deficient Syntactic descriptions. ACL’97/EACL’97 workshop on Operational factors in practical, robust anaphora resolution, Madrid, Spain, 1997; 30–7
- Stuckardt R. Design and Enhanced Evaluation of a Robust Anaphor Resolution Algorithm. Computational Linguistics. 2001 Dec; 27:445–52.
- Kameyama M. Recognizing referential links: an information extraction perspective. ACL’97/EACL’97 workshop on Intelligent scalable text summarization, Madrid, Spain. 1997; 3–9
- Brennan S, Friedman M, Pollard C. A centering approach to pronouns. Proceedings 25th Annual Meeting of the ACL, USA. 1987.
- Tetreault JR. A Corpus-Based Evaluation of Centering and Pronoun Resolution. Computational Linguistics. Special Issue on Computational Anaphor Resolution. 2001 Dec; 27(4):507–20.
- Singh S, Lakhmani P, Mathur P, Morwal S. Anaphora resolution in hindi language using gazetteer method. International Journal on Computational Sciences and Applications IJCSA. 2014 Jun; 4:567–9.
- Chopra D, Purohit GN. Handling ambiguities and unknown words in named entity recognition using anaphora resolution. International Journal on Computational Sciences and Applications IJCSA. 2013 Oct; 3:456–63.
- Sinha RM, Jain A. AnglaHindi: an English to Hindi machine-aided translation system. MT Summit IX, New Orleans, USA. 2003 Sep 23; 494–7.
- Lakhmani P, Singh S. Anaphora Resolution in Hindi Language. International Journal of Information and Computation Technology. 2013; 3:609–16.
- Uppalapu B, Sharma DM. Pronoun Resolution for Hindi. Proceedings DAARC2009. 2009 Apr 22; 5847.
- Lalitha Devi S, Sundar Ram V, Rao PRK. A Generic Anaphora Resolution Engine for Indian Languages. Proceedings 25th International Conference on Computational Linguistics, Coling. 2014. p. 67–84.
- Dakwale P, Mujadia V, Sharma DM. A Hybrid Approach for Anaphora Resolution in Hindi Praveen. Proceeding 6th International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing, IJCNLP, Nagoya, Japan. 2013 Oct 14-18:80–6.
- Duttaa K, Kaushikb S, Prakash N. Machine Learning Approach for the Classification of Demonstrative Pronouns for Indirect Anaphora in Hindi News Items. The Prague Bulletin of Mathematical Linguistics. 2011 Apr; 95:33–50.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.