Total views : 255
Improving Anaphora Resolution by Resolving Gender and Number Agreement in Hindi Language using Rule based Approach
Anaphora resolution has been an active research area in the field of natural language processing. There are various methods to resolve the pronouns that refer to nouns but this paper presents the rule based approach to resolve the anaphora. The rules have been derived by the execution of the instruction from a set of data which consist of a specific type of knowledge of verbs in Hindi language. The Hindi language is resource poor language which has no specific structure of writing. We have proposed a model that performs pronominal anaphora resolution task based on gender and number agreement. Anaphora resolution is very complex and challenging task to handle so we have analyzed the similarities and variations between their agreement and pronouns in Hindi language. This paper exhibits the experiments that are governed on different data sets in Hindi Language along with its result based on the F-score and future directions.
5-6 words, Drawn from title, Word representing the work.
- Pal TL, Dutta K, Singh P. Anaphora Resolution in Hindi: Issues and Challenges. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012 Mar; 42(18).
- Lakhmani P, Singh S. Anaphora Resolution in Hindi Language. International Journal of Information and Computation Technology. 2013; 3:609–16.
- Singh S, Lakhmani P, Mathur P, Morwal S. Anaphora Resolution In HINDI Language Using Gazetteer Method. International Journal on Computational Sciences and Applications IJCSA. 2014 Jun; 4:567–9.
- Chopra D, Purohit GN. Handling ambiguities and unknown words in named entity recognition using anaphora resolution. International Journal on Computational Sciences and Applications IJCSA. 2013 Oct; 3:456–63.
- Dutta K, Kaushik S, Prakash N. Machine Learning Approach for the Classification of Demonstrative Pronouns for Indirect Anaphora in Hindi News Items. The Prague Bulletin of Mathematical Linguistics. 2011 Apr; 95:33–50.
- Devi SL, V Sundar Ram V, Rao PRK. A Generic Anaphora Resolution Engine for Indian Languages. Proceedings 25th International Conference on Computational Linguistics, Coling. 2014. p. 67–84.
- Dakwale P, Mujadia V, Sharma DM. A Hybrid Approach for Anaphora Resolution in Hindi Praveen. Proceedings 6th International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing, IJCNLP, Nagoya, Japan. 2013 Oct 14-18. p. 80–6.
- Uppalapu B, Sharma DM. Pronoun Resolution For Hindi. Proceedings DAARC2009. 2009 Apr 22; 5847.
- Sinha RM, Jain A. AnglaHindi: an English to Hindi machine-aided translation system. MT Summit IX, New Orleans, USA. 2003 Sep 23:494–7.
- Dutta K, Prakash N, Kaushik S. Resolving pronominal anaphora in hindi using hobbs algorithm. Web Journal of Formal Computation and Cognitive Linguistics. 2008 Jan; 1(10):5607–11.
- Kaur S, Mohana R. A roadmap of sentiment analysis and its research directions. International Journal of Knowledge and Learning. 2015; 10(3):296–323.
- News Article. Available from: http://webduniya// hindi_news Children Story. Available from: http:// abhivyakti-hindi
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.