Total views : 244
To Enhance the Security in Wireless Nodes using Centralized and Synchronized IDS Technique
Objectives: Wireless technologies enable devices to communicate without any guided medium. It uses radio frequency for transmitting data, where the wired technologies use cables. It is mostly used to refer a telecommunications network that is interconnected between nodes and implemented without any kind of wires like as a computer network. Due to unguided media it’s very tedious to detect any intrusion during communication. The aim of this work is to develop an approach which will detect and prevent black hole attacks so the any unauthorized or unwanted nodes if participates in the communication process will be detected in the real time. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In our work we are going to propose IDS which will helps to provide security to detect attacks and to prevent the attacks. Centralize and synchronized IDS node will work on the basis of anomaly detection technique. It will create pattern for malicious activates and do event detection on the basis of anomaly detection. Findings: The proposed method will enhance the detection of anomaly detection techniques with synchronized IDS within the cluster as well as between the clusters with the help of DRI table. Application/Improvement: This technique will helps to enhance security in Wireless network and helps to make more reliable network for user.
Attacks, Anomaly, Cluster, Intrusion Detection System, Malicious.
- Kao KF, Chen WC, Chang JC, Te Chu H. An Accurate Fake Access Point Detection Method based on Deviation of Beacon Time Interval. 2014 IEEE Eighth International Conference on Software Security and Reliability-Companion (SERE-C), IEEE. 2014 Jun 30. p. 1–2.
- Kim T, Park H, Jung H, Lee H. Online Detection of Fake Access Points Using Received Signal Strengths. In Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring), 2012 IEEE 75th, IEEE. 2012 May 6. p. 1–5.
- Long X, Sikdar B. A mechanism for detecting session hijacks in wireless networks. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2010 Apr; 9(4):1380–9.
- Marchese M, Surlinelli R, Zappatore S. Monitoring unauthorized internet accesses through a ‘honeypot’ system. International Journal of Communication Systems. 2011 Jan 1; 24(1):75–93.
- Nguyen TD, Nguyen DH, Tran BN, Vu H, Mittal N. A lightweight solution for defending against deauthentication/disassociation attacks on 802.11 networks. 2008. ICCCN'08. Proceedings of 17th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks, IEEE. 2008 Aug 3. p. 1–6.
- O’Connor TJ. Detecting and responding to data link layer attacks. SANS Institute InfoSec Reading Room. 2010 Oct; 13.
- Nikiforakis N, Meert W, Younan Y, Johns M, Joosen W. SessionShield: Lightweight protection against session hijacking. Engineering Secure Software and Systems, Springer Berlin Heidelberg. 2011 Feb 9; 87–100.
- Luhach Ak, luhach R. Research and implementation of security framework for small and medium sized e-commerce based on SOA. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology. 2015 Dec 31; 82(3).
- Dacosta I, Chakradeo S, Ahamad M, Traynor P. One-time cookies: Preventing session hijacking attacks with disposable credentials.
- Luhach AK, Dwivedi SK, Jha CK. Applying SOA to an E-commerce system and designing a logical security framework for small and medium sized E-commerce based on SOA. 2014 IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research (ICCIC), IEEE. 2014 Dec 18. p. 1–6.
- Dacosta I, Chakradeo S, Ahamad M, Traynor P. One-time cookies: Preventing session hijacking attacks with stateless authentication tokens. ACM Transactions on Internet Technology (TOIT). 2012 Jun 1; 12(1):1.
- Chomsiri T. A comparative study of security level of Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo mail by using session hijacking hacking test. IJCSNS. 2008 May; 8(5):23.
- Luhach AK, Dwivedi SK, Jha CK. Implementing the Logical Security Framework for E-Commerce Based on Service-Oriented Architecture. Proceedings of International Conference on ICT for Sustainable Development, Springer Singapore. 2016. p. 1–13.
- Prasad SS, Srinath MV, Basha MS. Intrusion Detection Systems, Tools and Techniques–An Overview. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jan 14; 8(35).
- Amudha P, Karthik S, Sivakumari S. An Experimental Analysis of Hybrid Classification Approach for Intrusion Detection. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr 18; 9(13).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.