Total views : 240
Improving the Average Number of Network Coded Transmission in AODV Routing Protocol with Network Coding Scheme
Objectives: This paper offers the improvement procedure about Network coding scheme in wireless scenarios and its merits and demerits when integrated with AODV protocol and introduces a modified routing scheme. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Using AODV from a known graph G, paths between each pair of nodes are determined and the count of reiteration of each of its next hops for dissimilar destinations are recorded. For these next hops of a node, the edges connecting them with the node are retained as they were in original graph, while others are deleted. A subgraph of the original graph G' is created to apply Network coding further. Findings: On integrating Network coding scheme with the AODV protocol, the algorithm formed is much more energy proficient as compared to the old Network coding scheme since less no. of average transmissions are required per node. The enhancement in the performance of the proposed AODV integrated Network coding scheme over the original Network coding scheme increases with increase in density. Hence a basic alteration of discovering a reduced subgraph from the first original subgraph utilizing AODV routing scheme can enhance the execution of Network Coding to an awesome degree. Application/Improvements: The reproduction results shows that proposed modified algorithm improves average number of Network coded transmission in AODV Routing Protocol with Network Coding Scheme.
AODV, Ad-hoc Networks, COPE, Network Coding, Opportunistic Listening, Opportunistic Coding, Throughput.
- Eugster P, et al. Epidemic information dissemination in distributed systems. Computer. 2004; 37(5): 60-7.
- Traskov D, et al. Network coding for multiple Unicasts: An approach based on linear optimization. IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory; 2014. p. 1757–62.
- Yang M, et al. Constructing a linear network code for Multicast networks based on Hypergraphs. IEEE Globecom Conference; 2007. p. 1998–2002.
- Fragoouli C, et al. Network coding. ACM SIGCOOM Computer Communication Review; 2006. 36(1):63–8.
- Lou W, et al. On reducing broadcast redundancy in ad hoc wireless networks. IEEE Transactioons on Mobile Computing. 2002; 1(2):111–22.
- Tseng, et al. Wireless Networks. 2002; 8:153–67.
- Lim H, et al. Flooding in wireless ad hoc networks. Computer Communications. 2001; 24(3-4):353–63.
- Haas Z, et al. Gossip-based ad hoc routing. IEEE Transactions on Networking. 2006; 14(3):479–91.
- Cagalj M, et al. Minimum-energy broadcast in all-wireless networks. International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking; 2002. p. 172–82.
- Alzoubiet K, et al. New distributed algorithm for connected dominating set in wireless ad hoc networks. International Conference on System Sciences; 2010. p. 3849–55.
- KattIi S, et al. XORs in the air: Practical wireless network coding. IEEE Transactions on Networking. 2008; 16(3):497510.
- Wu Y. Information exchange in wireless networks with network coding and physical-layer broadcast. Conference on Information Sciences and Systems; 2005.
- Fragouli C, et al. A network coding approach to energy efficient broadcasting: From theory to practice. IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications; 2006. p. 1–11.
- Li L, et al. Network coding-based broadcast in mobile adhoc networks. IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications; 2007. p. 1739–47.
- Yang S, et al. Efficient broadcasting using network coding and directional antennas in MANETs. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. 2009; 21(2):148–61.
- Katti S, et al. Embracing wireless interference. ACM SIGCOOM Computer Communication Review. 2007; 37(4):397–408.
- Fragouli C, et al. Efficient broadcasting using network coding. IEEE Transactions on Networking. 2008; 16(2):450–63.
- Sagduyu Y, et al. Cross layer design for distributed MAC and network coding in wireless ad hoc networks. International Symposium on Information Theory. 2005; 1863–7.
- Marina M, et al. On-demand multipath distance vector routing in ad hoc networks. International Conference on Network Protocols; 2001. p. 14–23.
- Perkins C, et al. Ad hoc on-demand Distance Vector (AODV) routing. 2003.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.