Total views : 309
An Approach for Data Security from Malicious Attacker in Cloud Computing
Objectives: Cloud computing allows clients to access various IT resources online without much expenditure and investment. Although there are various advantages of cloud computing, but still various security threats exist in the cloud environment, e.g. data security, account hijacking, privacy and users’ authenticity. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In this research paper, an empirical approach has been applied which is based upon the program implementation of the proposed model for data security in the cloud environment. The applied approach shows that the proposed model for data security will prevent the cloud data from the fraudulent activities that can be performed at both ends (i.e. cloud provider and cloud user). Findings/Conclusion: In this research paper, a model for data security has been presented which will protect cloud data from malicious insider attacks as well as fraud cloud user simultaneously. It is concluded that a single combined approach is enough to tackle the fraud at both ends i.e. at cloud user end and at cloud provider end. Implementation for above model is also done under compiler “Turbo C” and results are also shown in the form of screenshot for each case. It is also concluded that the cloud provider will have always a proof that he is not responsible for the corruption of cloud user’s data unless he has cloud user’s decryption key. Application/Improvements: The proposed model is applicable as a remedy for repudiation problems and providing better data security in cloud environment. The implemented program can be enhanced using high bit encryption method to improve and provide more data security to the cloud.
Cloud Data, Cloud Security, Data Security, Encryption, Malicious Attacker, Repudiation.
- Mell P, Grance T. The NIST definition of cloud computing. National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD 20899-28930, 2011 September, 1.
- Amazon Web Services LLC. Amazon EC2 Cloud Service SLA. http://aws.amazon.com/ec2-sla, Date accessed: 13 February, 2016.
- Cloud computing technology. http://www.gartner.com/technology/topics/cloud-computing.jsp. Gartner Researchers, Inc. and its Affiliates, Gartner Research and Analysis Section, Date accessed: 17 /03/2016.
- Malik A, MohsinNazir M. Security Framework for Cloud Computing Environment: A Review. Published in Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences. 2012 March; 3:1-10.
- Gens F, Mahowald RP, Villars RL. Cloud computing: benefits, risks and recommendations for information security. International Data Corporation (IDC) Cloud Research. 2009 November; 1-125.
- Randles M, Lamb D, Bendiab AT. A Comparative Study into Distributed Load Balancing Algorithms for Cloud Computing. IEEE 24th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops, 2010 June, 551-56.
- Cloud computing: benefits, risks and recommendations for information security. European Network and Information Security Agency (ENISA). 2009 November; 1-125.
- Grobauer B, Antony A, Walloschek T, Stocker E. Understanding cloud-computing vulnerabilities, In: IEEE Security and Privacy. June 2010, 99.
- Morsy MA, Grundy J, Müller I. An analysis of cloud computing security problem. In: Proceedings of APSEC 2010 Cloud Workshop, Sydney, Australia, 2010 November.
- Kofi K. Fletcher Cloud security requirements analysis and security policies development using a high-order object-oriented modelling technique. Presented to the Faculty of the Graduate School of the Missouri at University of Science and Technology, Missouri, 2010 April.
- Kandukuri RB, Atanu Rakshit RP. Cloud security issues. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Services Computing, 2009 September, 517-520.
- Popovic K, Hocenski Z. Cloud computing security issues and challenges. In: The Third International Conference on Advances in Human-Oriented and Personalized Mechanisms, Technologies and Services, July 2010, 344-349.
- Tirthani N, Ganesan R. Data security in cloud architecture based on Diffee Hellman and elliptical curve cryptography, International Association for Cryptological Research, Eprint Version. http://eprint.iacr.org/2014/049.pdf.
- Sato H, Kanai A, Tanimoto S. A Cloud trust model in a security aware cloud, 10th Annual International IEEE/PSJ, Symposium on Applications and the Internet, 2010 August.
- Makhija B, Rajput VKJI. Enhanced data security in cloud computing with third party editor, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering (IJARCSSE). 2013 February; 3(2):341-345.
- Tromer RT, Shacham EH. Savage Hey, you, get off of my cloud: exploring information leakage in third-party compute clouds, Proceedings of the 10th Association of Computer Machinery (ACM) Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), 2009 November.
- Bhatt TP, Mehta A. Security in cloud computing using file encryption. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT). 2012 November; 1(9).
- Ashalatha R. A Survey on Security as a Challenge in Cloud Computing, International Journal of Advanced Technology and Engineering Research (IJATER), at National Conference on Emerging Trends in Technology (NCET-Tech), 2012 July, 2(2).
- Ren WQ K. Lou Ensuring data storage security in cloud computing. IEEE Conference Publication at IWQoS, 17th International Workshop on Quality of Service, 2009 July.
- Bakshi K. Cisco Cloud Computing-Data Center Strategy, Architecture and Solutions, Point of View White Paper for U.S. Public Sector, 1st Edition, April 2009.
- Khan KM, Malluhi Q. Establishing Trust in Cloud Computing. IEEE IT Professional Publication. 2010 August; 12(5):20-27.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.