Total views : 253
Implementation of a Framework for Website Quality Evaluation: Himachal Pradesh University Website
Objectives: The fast expansion of net applications will increase the essentiality to assess net application quantitatively. Recently certain valuable efforts like Website Quality Evaluation Method (Web-QEM) attempted to purposely evaluate the web application are entirely skewed, relying generally on expert’s opinions. In this paper, a quantitative assessment approach is elucidated to evaluate the features of the websites. Methods: The methodology is valuable in analytically evaluating the traits, sub-traits and features that influence product superiority. In this paper the website superiority metrics and means to compute the website interface has been proposed. The evaluation metrics has a framework of five quality characteristics: Functionality, Usability, Reliability, Presentation and Content. Findings: The home web page is exceedingly imperative in comparison to others; hence the estimation of the entire nature of the site is characterized by home web page. An outcome is additionally from 0 to 1, 0 speaks to low-class and 1 implies fabulous class. The prospective site quality measurements could be used as a site assessment system in order to assess functional sites and dispense superiority scores. Applications: This paper would act as a sort of blueprint highlighting the pathway and its elucidation, for evaluating a particular website. Eventually, a meticulous evaluation procedure is being illustrated by this paper.
Attribute Weighing, Web Attribute, Web Quality, Web-QEM.
- Hartman J, Angeli AD. Sutcliffe A. Framing the User Experience: Information Biases in Website Quality Judgment. Proceedings of the Twenty-sixth Annual SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, 2008 Apr 10-15; Florence, Italy. New York, USA. 2008. p. 855–64.
- Zhou Z, Zhou H, Yang H. Evaluating Websites using A Practical Quality Model. Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Automation and Computing Society, Brunel University West London, England. 2008 Sep 6.
- Gledec G. Quality Model for the World Wide Web. Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on telecommunications-ConTEL 2005, Zagreb, Croatia. 2005 Jun. p. 281–7.
- Liburne B, Devkota P, Khan KM. Proceedings of the Measuring Quality Metrics for Web Application. IRMA International Conference, New Orleans, USA. 2004 Aug.
- Shrivastava R, Pandey RK, Kumar M. Ranking of Academic websites on the Basis of External Quality Measurement. Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences. 2012; 3(4):547–53.
- Devi K, Sharma A. Framework for Evaluation of Academic Website. Journal of International Journal of Computer Techniques. 2016 Apr; 3(2):234–9.
- Lundberg L, Mattsson M, Wohlin C. Software Quality Attributes and Trade-offs. Karlskrona, Sweden: Blekinge Institute of Technology, 2005.
- Nielsen J. Usability 101: Introduction to Usability. Nielsen Norman Group. Available from: http://www.nngroup.com/articles/usability-101-introduction-to-usability
- Micali F, Cimino S. Web Q-Model: A New Approach to the Quality. Proceedings of the 26th Annual CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, Florence, Italy. 2008.
- Han Y, Kim L, Cha JW. Evaluation of User Reputation on YouTube. Proceedings of the 3d International Conference on Online Communities and Social Computing: Held as Part of HCI International 2009 (OCSC '09), San Diego, California. 2009 Jul. p. 346–53.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.