Total views : 261
Study on the Structural Behaviour of Berthing Structure due to Variable Stack Load
Objectives: To study the structural behavior of the components of berthing structure subjected to variable stack load with and without mooring force conditions. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Linear static analysis was performed on the berthing structure subjected to variable stack load with and without mooring effects. Based on this study, equations related to bending moment and axial force of structural members of berthing structure has been obtained. A Monte Carlo simulation method was adopted for generation of random numbers using MATLAB software. From the obtained results, analysis was performed to obtain characteristics of load effects of the components of the berthing structure. Findings: The influence of variable Stack load has an effect on the Bending Moment and Axial Force of structural components of the berthing structure. It was also found that there was a significant variation of results of load effects between with and without mooring force condition in case of Vertical Pile (VP) but there was no significant variation of results of load effects on Main Cross Head Beam (MCHB), T-shaped Diaphragm Wall (TDW) and Raker Pile (RP) due to stack load. Applications/ Improvement: This study helps to predict the behavior of berthing structure subjected to varying stack load caused due to lack of awareness of end user on the loading specifications that have been assessed by the designer
Berthing Structure, Linear Static Analysis, Mooring force, Stack load.
- Melchers R E. Reliability calculations for Major Structural systems. Conference on computers and Engineering Institution of Engineers, Australia. 1983. p. 95–9.
- Paul H , Wirsching M. ASCE, Fatigue Reliability for Offshore Structures. Journal of Structural Engineering. 1984; 110(10):2340–56.
- Duan A, Dai JG, Jin wL . Probabilistic Approach for Durability Design of Concrete Structures in Marine Environments. Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering.2014; 27(2):1–4.
- Nishanth M, Dhir P, Davis P. Stochastic Free Vibration Analysis of RC buildings.Indian Journal of science and Technology. 2016; 9(30):1–5.
- Premalatha PV, Muthukumaran V, Jayabalan P. Behaviour of piles supported berthing structure under lateral loadsProceedings of the Pan-Am CGS Geotechnical Conference.14th Pan-American Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. 2011. p. 1–5.
- Sundaravadivelu R, Raju VS. Tie-Rod Force Measurements in Cargo Berth, ASCE116:43-56. Reliability Calculation for Major Structural Systems. Conference on Computers, and Engineering Preprints of papers. Barton, ACT: Institution of Engineers, Australia.1983; p. 95–9.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.