Total views : 218
Mechanism Development for Corporate Income Taxation in Russia
Objectives: The article substantiates the necessity of the development of corporate income taxation as a factor of the economic growth of regions. The purpose of the study is to establish an effective system of corporate income taxation, taking into account the specifics of the tax base in various regions. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In an effort to reach the above-mentioned goal, the methods of theoretical and empirical research were used. The authors applied a systematic approach to analyzing the methods of corporate income taxation, making it possible to identify the economically viable method of profit taxation. A unique feature in studying the methodology of taxation is the proposal of a differentiated approach to the application of corporate income taxation methods depending on the state of the tax base. Findings: As opposed to the proportional taxation method, introduced in the Russian business life, the proposed methods of progressive and differentiated application of the tax on profits rate for corporations make it possible to specify the actual tax rate corresponding to the economic climate in a region. Applications/Improvements: The key methods for income taxation related to companies in conditions of the developing economy have been identified. They can be used up to design a development strategy for the taxable base at the regional level. The proposed methods were identified as alternate solutions to the methodological problems in corporate income taxation.
Corporate Income Tax, Fiscal Policy, Progressive Taxation Method, Proportional Taxation Method, Tax Rate Differentiation Method.
- Antonova OV. Tax systems of foreign countries: study guide. Khabarovsk: Editorial and Publishing Center of the Khabarovsk State Academy of Economics and Law. 2010; p. 28.
- Tolstopyatenko GP. Moscow: MGIMO: European tax law (problems of theory and practice) [dissertation]. 2001; p. 148-51.
- Rin DM, Giacomo DM, Sembenelli A. Entrepreneurship, firm entry, and the taxation of corporate income: evidence from European Journal of Public Econmics. 2011 Oct; 95(9-10):1048-66.
- Kuzmin EA, Semyonovykh SM. Rethinking of Coase theorem: externalities and uncertainty. IJEFI. 2015 Oct; 5(4):875-83.
- Atkinson A, Stiglitz J. New York: McGraw-Hill: Lectures on public economics. 1980.
- Kesti J, editor. Amsterdam: IBFD Publications BV: European tax handbook. 2002.
- Djankov S, Ganser T, Liesh MC, Ramalho R, Shleifer A. The effect of corporate taxes on investment and entrepreneurship. American Economics and Journal of Macroecon. 2010 Jul; 2(3):31-64.
- Tax Code of the Russian Federation 2000. Article 284: tax rates. Date accessed: 2000: Available from: http://base.garant.ru/10900200/.
- Goncharenko LV. Taxes and tax system of the Russian Federation: textbook of Moscow: Yurayt. 2010; p. 544.
- McConnell CR, Brue SL. Economics. Part 2: national income, employment and fiscal policy. Date accessed: 2016: Available from: http://www.be5.biz/ekonomika/e016/toc.htm.
- Bruce D, Mohsin M. Tax policy and entrepreneurship: new time series evidence. Small Business and Economics. 2006 Jun; 26(5):409-25.
- Viard AD. Two cheers for corporate tax base broadening. National Tax Association 2009 Sep; 62(3):399-412.
- Mayburova IA. Tax policy. Theory and practice: a textbook of Moscow: Unity-Dana. 2014; p. 518.
- Harberger A. The incidence data of the corporate tax. Journal of Political Economics. 1962 Jun; 70:215-40.
- Hubbard RG. Corporate tax integration: a view from the treasury department. The Journal of Economic Perspectives. 1993; 7(1):115-32.
- Abdulgalimov AM, Dzhardisov DKH. Tax privileges and stimulation of business in Russia and foreign countries. Modern problems of science and education. 2015 Jun; 2(3):6.
- Dynamics of the return of taxes, duties and other obligatory payments to the consolidated budget of the Russian Federation [Internet]. Federal State Statistics Service. htmDate accessed: 2015: Available from: http://www.gks.ru/free_doc/new_site/finans/fin210g.
- Export of Russia in 2015 [Internet]. Forex indicators. 2016. Date accessed: 4/03/ 2016: Available from: http://turtle-table.com/article/export-russia-2015/.
- Bacher HU, Brulhart M. Progressive taxes and firm births. International Tax Public Finance. 2013 Feb; 20(1):129-68.
- Kuzmin EA. Comparative analysis of budget efficiency of the functioning of enterprises and organizations of the industrial complex of a region (by the example of the Sverdlovsk Region). Financial analytics: science and experience. 2012 Oct; 38(128):40-53.
- Cullen JB, Gordon RH. Taxes and entrepreneurial risk-taking: theory and evidence for the United States of Journal and Public Economics. 2007 Aug; 91(7-8):1479-505.
- Abdulgalimov AM. Optimization of taxation is a necessary condition for increasing the economic activity of organizations. Today and tomorrow of Russian economy. 2008; 19:51-6.
- Gravelle JG. Reducing depreciation allowances to finance a lower corporate tax rate. Natonal Tax Journal. 2011 Dec; 64(4):1039-54.
- Russia – GDP per capita. Trading economics: Date accessed: 2015: Available from: http://ru.tradingeconomics.com/russia/gdp-per-capita.
- The dynamics of corporate income tax in the consolidated budget of the region in 2015, in % to 2014, by federal districts. Federal Tax Service of the Russian Federation. Date accessed: 2014: Available from: https://goo.gl/ceVl1q.
- Akhmadeev RG, Kosov ME, Bykanova OA, Korotkova EM, Mamrukova OI. Assessment of the Tax Base of the Consolidated Group of Taxpayers in Russia using the Method of Polynomial Interpolation. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(12):1-9.
- Gulyaev PV. Characteristics of the Financial System of Resource Regions in Russia. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(11):1-12.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.