Total views : 262
Evaluation of Quality of Service using Factor Analysis Method
Objectives: In recent times Web Service providers are finding difficult to satisfy the requirements of the consumers due to several reasons. We have made an attempt to identify the specific parameters for evaluation of an efficient functioning of Composite Web Services. The study is based on a data set sampled from a large number of Web Service Providers. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Random sampling technique was adopted for the preparation of the data set. A multivariate statistical technique viz., Factor analysis is used for identifying the factors. Factor analysis method reduces large number of variables into few factors without sacrificing much of explained variability by the variables. Factor analysis begins with the construction of new set of variables based on the relationship in the correlation matrix. Based on principal component analysis we have identified the factor which determines the effective performance of Web Service providers. Findings: The study is based on a data set sampled from a large number of Web Service providers. The results based on the sample data set indicates the components of Web Service Providers Performance factors, Security factors and Trust factors viz., Successability, Best practices and Throughput respectively. These parameters have the higher loadings compared to other extracted QoS parameters. Application/Improvement: The research work was confined to the usage of factor analysis method based on principal component analysis approach. As a future work the other approaches in cluster method viz., centroid method and maximum likelihood method may be attempted to make a comparative study of the extraction of QoS parameters for its effectiveness.
Factor Analysis, Principal Components, Quality of Service, Varimax Rotation, Web Service Selection.
- Arasi EMF, Govindarajan S, Subbarayan A. Weighted quality of service based ranking of web services. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jun; 9(21):1 - 8.
- Nurhayati W, Wan AB, Rahman R, Meziane F. Challenges to describe QoS requirements for web services quality prediction to support web services interoperability in electronic commerce. Communications of the IBIMA. 2008; 4:50-8.
- Al-Moayed A, Hollunde B. Quality of service attributes in web services. IEEE 5th International Conference on Software Engineering Advances. Germany. 2010. p. 367–72.
- Wang Q, Sun F, Yang Y. Quality of service measure approach of web service for service selection. The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET Softw). 2012; 6(2):148-54.
- Xu J, Zheng Z, Lyu MR. Web service personalized quality of service prediction via reputation-based matrix factorization. IEEE Transactions on Reliability. 2016; 65(1):28 - 37.
- Daniel A, Menasce M, Ruan H, Gomaa H. QoS management in service-oriented architectures. Elsevier Performance Evaluation. 2007; 64(7-8):646-63.
- You M, Xin X, Shangguang W, Jinglin L, Qibo S, Fangchun Y. qos evaluation for web service recommendation. China Communications. 2015; 12(4):151-60.
- Zheng Z, Zhang Y, Lyu MR. Investigating QoS of real-world web services. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing. 2014; 7(1):32-9.
- Chen Y, Huang J, Lin C, Hu J. A partial selection methodology for efficient qos-aware service composition. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing. 2015; 8(3):384-97.
- Ding Z, Sun Y, Jiang C, Zhou M, Liu J, Song S. Performance evaluation of transactional composite web services. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics: Systems. 2016; 46(8):1061-74.
- Haddad JEL, Manouvrier M, Rukoz M. TQoS: Transactional and QoS-aware selection algorithm for automatic web service composition. IEEE Transactions on Services Computing. 2010 Jan–Mar; 3(1):73-85.
- Dengchao F, Nan X, Wei S, Xuhong R, Zhenyu J, Qing G. Study on exploratory factor analysis in measurement information extraction and reconstruction. The 10th International Conference on Electronic Measurement and Instruments; China. 2011. p. 76-9.
- NguyenL T, Harris R, Punchihewa A. Assessment of quality of experience for web browsing-as function of quality of service and content factors. 5th International Conference on Ubiquitous and Future Networks; New Zealand. 2013. p. 764-9.
- Williams B, Onsman A, Brown T. Exploratory factor analysis: A five-step guide for novices. JEPHC. 2010; 8(3):1-13.
- Jinrong C, Yunhai L, Meng W, Fan G. Research on the service industry competitiveness in Liaoning province based on factor analysis. International Symposium on IT in Medicine and Education (ITME); 2011; 1:441-4.
- Park J, Jung K, Lee Y, Cho G, Kim J, Koh J. The continuous service usage intention in the web analytics services. 2009. p. 1-7.
- Masri A, Mahmoud QH. Discovering the best Web Service. Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on World Wide Web (WWW ’07); New York, USA. 2007. p. 1257-8.
- Masri A, Mahmoud QH. Crawling multiple UDDI business registries. 16th International World Wide Web Conference; Canada. 2007. p. 1255-6.
- Masri A, Mahmoud QH. A framework for efficient discovery of web services across heterogeneous registries. IEEE Consumer Communication and Networking Conference; USA. 2007. p. 415-9.
- Vivekananthamoorthy N, Naganathan ER, Rajkumar R. Determinant factors on student empowerment and role of social media and eWOM communication: Multivariate analysis on LinkedIn usage. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jul; 9(25):1-12.
- Wu N, Zhang J. Factor analysis based anomaly detection. Man and Cybernetics Society Information Assurance Workshop; USA. 2003. p. 108-15.
- Wang R, Liu K, Ma MZS. Higher order factor analysis of SERVQUAL - Empirical findings from an e-Learning system. IEEE International Conference on Progress in Informatics and Computing (PIC); 2010. p. 1293-7.
- Kamal MH, Alhendawi A, Baharudin AS. The effects of quality factors of web-based information system on the employee contextual performance. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology. 2013; 52(3):236–42.
- Jinrong C, Yunhai L, Meng W, Fan G. Research on the service industry competitiveness in Liaoning province based on factor analysis. International Symposium on IT in Medicine and Education (ITME); China. 2011. p. 441–4.
- Wu J, Chen L, Feng Y, Zheng Z. Predicting quality of service for selection by neighborhood - based collaborative filtering. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics Systems. 2013:428-39.
- Xianglan H, Yangguang L, Bin X. A survey on QoS-aware dynamic web service selection. 7th International IEEE Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing (WiCOM); Wuhan. 2011. p. 1–5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.