Total views : 103
Loop Feedback Maximization for Channel Estimation in MIMO Communication
Background: Signal estimation and its performance have always remained a challenge for wireless communication society. To achieve noise immunity, the conventional recursive least squares estimation needs information of the noise measurements of the filtered process. A new estimation approach has been proposed that does not take knowledge of the noise statistics. Statistical Methods: A new min-max channel estimation approach based on state stabilization is proposed to achieve the objective of noise mitigation and higher performance in MIMO systems, using time variant interference modelling. The approach proposed has been simulated using the MATLAB environment with random input data. Findings: The performance of the Bit Error Rate (BER) over the specific range of Signal to Noise ratio for the existing Recursive Least Squares estimation and proposed a Min-Max estimation approach of different noise densities and fading factors. Conclusion: The results obtained indicate that the bit error rate of Recursive Least Squares estimation is more when compared with the Min-Max approach. Therefore, it is concluded that the proposed Min-Max estimation approach is more efficient when compared with the Recursive Least Squares estimation.
Channel Estimation, Coding Performance, MIMO System, Recursive Filter Stabilization
- Siyau MF, Li TC, Javier P, Corchado J, Bajo J. A novel pilot expansion approach for MIMO channel estimation and tracking. IEEE International Conference on UltraWideBand (ICUWB); 2015 Oct. p. 1–5.
- Mehrpouyan H, Nasir AA, Blostein SD, Eriksson T, Karagiannidis GK, Svensson T. Joint estimation of channel and oscillator phase noise in MIMO systems.IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. 2014; 60(9):4790–4807
- Movahedian A, McGuire M. Efficient and accurate semi blind estimation of MIMO-OFDM doubly-selective channels.80th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference; 2014 Sep. p. 1–5
- Zhang S, Wang D, Zhao J. A recursive filtering channel estimation method based on state transfer coefficient using threshold correction for uwb systems. International Journal of Future Generation Communication and Networking.2014; 7(1):17–124
- Vinod G, Anand KKT, Movva TSVS, Rama KB, Killamsetty S, Padmanabhan S. Low complexity channel estimation using fuzzy recursive filter for fast time varying MIMOOFDM systems. IEEE, International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI); 2015. p. 1771–4.
- Natori T, Nari F, Furukawa T. A MIMO–OFDM channel estimation algorithm for high–speed movement environments.6th International Symposium on Communications, Control and Signal Processing (ISCCSP); 2014 May. p.348–51
- Nair JP, Kumar RVR. Optimal superimposed training sequences for channel estimation in MIMO-OFDM systems.EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing.2010 May:1–13
- Zhong K, Lei X, Dong B, Li S. Channel estimation in OFDM systems operating under high mobility using Wiener filter combined basis expansion model. EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking. 2012:186.
- Ngo HQ, Larsson EG. EVD-based channel estimation in multi cell multiuser MIMO systems with very large antenna array. Proceedings of ICASSP; 2013 Mar. p. 3249–325
- Yin H, Gesbert D, Filippou MC, Liu Y. A coordinated approach to channel estimation in large-scale multiple-antenna systems. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas of Communication. 2013 Feb; 31(2):264–73
- Yen RY, Liu H-Y, Tsai C-S. Iterative joint frequency offset and channel estimation for OFDM systems using first and second order approximation algorithms. EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking.2012; 341
- CiceroneM, Simeone O, Spagnolini U. Channel estimation for MIMO-OFDM systems by modal analysis/filtering.IEEE transactions on communications. 2006: 54(11).
- Kung T-L, Parhi KK. Semi blind frequency-domain timing synchronization and channel estimation for OFDM systems.EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing.2013 Jan;1–8
- Li M, Wang X, Zhang K. Comparative study of adaptive filter channel estimation technique in MIMO OFDM system based on STBC. International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics; 2014 Jul. p. 680–3
- Kim KJ, Yue J, Iltis RA, Gibson JD. A QRD-M/recursive filter-based detection and channel estimation algorithm for MIMO-OFDM systems. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2005:4(2)
- Anjana C, Sundaresan S, Zacharia T, Gandhiraj R, Soman KP. An experimental study on channel estimation and synchronization to reduce error rate in OFDM using GNU radio. International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies, Procedia Computer Science. 2015; 46:1056–63.
- Kumari PR, Reddy KCK, Ramesh KS. Ordered successive interference cancellation for maximum throughput in multi stream MIMO using different modulation schemes.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(9).
- Raja NB, Gangatharan N. A new low complexity DHT based weighted OFDM transmission for peak power reduction.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(17).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.