Total views : 89
Digital Watermarking Approach Based on Edge Based Sorted Pixel Value Difference (ESPVD)
Objectives: The major challenge in Imaging applications, particularly Digital Multimedia data transfer over the internet is data authentication with copyright protection to ensure ownership of identification. This paper aims to propose a new digital watermarking approach based on Edgebased sorted pixel value difference (ESPVD) to protect copyrights. Method: The hypothesis behind the proposed method is mainly composed of two phases: Watermark inserting phase, detection and extraction phase. In the inserting phase, first of all motif pattern approach is used to generate the mixed Image and then, identify the edge pixel locations using morphological edge (ME) operator to embed the watermark. Now, sorted pixel value difference method is used to insert the watermark. The watermark extraction phase also uses the same procedure which is stated earlier to retrieve the watermark image. To evaluate and match the ground truth images with the proposed watermarked images, peak signal to noise ratio (PSNR) and normalized cross correlation (NCC) are employed as quantitative measures. Findings: The proposed algorithm is tested with two logo images inserted over 30 different popular images and the outcomes indicates that the proposed approach is consistently performing well in terms of PSNR and NCC. Application/Improvements: The present approach provides high level of authentication, robustness, security and copyright protection against several attacks by using motif patterns while changing the order of pattern sequence in the formation of mixed image.
Motif Pattern, Security Attacks, Sorted Pixel Value Difference, Watermarked Image
- Bas PJM, Chassery P, Macq B. Geometrically invariant watermarking using feature points. IEEE Transactions Image Processing. 2002; 11(9):1014–28.
- Chen L. Imperial College Press: VLSI Design of Wavelet Transform: Analysis, Architecture and Design Examples.2007; p. 269–72.
- Celik M, Sharma GM, Tekalp A. Lossless watermarking for image authentication: a new framework and an implementation.IEEE Transaction Image Processing. 2006;15(4):1042–9.
- Barni M, Bartolini F, Piva A. Improved wavelet-based watermarking through pixel-wise masking. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. 2001; 10(5):783–91.
- Chang CC, Hwang KF, Hwang MS. Robust authentication scheme for protecting copyrights of images and graphics.IEEE Proceedings – Vision, Image and Signal Processing.2002; 149(1):43–50.
- Artameeyanant P. Waveletaudio watermark robust against MPEG compression. Thailand: International Conference on, Control Automation and Systems (ICCAS). 2010; p. 1375–8.
- Guo H, Li Y, Jajodia S. Chaining watermarks for detecting malicious modifications to streaming data. Information Sciences. 2007; 177(1):281–98.
- Huang CH, Wu JLJL. Fidelity-guaranteed robustness enhancement of blind-detection watermarking schemes.Information Sciences. 2009; 179(6):791–808.
- Kim WS, Hyung OH, Park RH. Wavelet based watermarking method for digital images using the human visual system. Electronics Letters. 1999; 35(6):466–8.
- Todorov T. Spread Spectrum Watermarking Technique for Information System Securing. International Journal Information Theories & Applications. 2004; 11:405–8.
- Joy G, Xiang Z. Reducing false contours in quantized color images. Elsevier: Computer and Graphics. 1996; 20(2): 231–42.
- Katzenbeisser S, Petitcolas FAP. Artech House Publishers: Information hiding techniques for steganography and digital watermarking. 2000; p. 239.
- Koch E, Zhao J. Towards robust and hidden image copyright labeling. Marmaras, Greece: Proceedings of the IEEE International Workshop on Nonlinear Signal and Image Processing. 1995; p. 452–5.
- Zhu W, Xiong W, Zhang YQ. Multiresolution watermarking for images and video: a unified approach. Proceeding of the IEEE International Conference Wavelets and Applications.Y. Meyered. 1998; p. 465–8.
- Xie L, Arce GR. Joint wavelet compression and authentication watermarking, in Proceeding. IEEE International Conference. Image Processing. 1998; p. 427–31.
- Ahmed MI, Sivagami R, Sundar KJA, Divyalakshmi K, Sangeetha V, Vaithiyanathan V. Spatial Injection to Low Resolution Images using IIHS Transform. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35):1–5.
- Yeung MM. Digital Watermarking for High Quality Imaging, Princeton, New Jersey: Proceeding IEEE First Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing. 1997 June; p.357–62.
- Goel G, Dutta M, Goswami S. An Approach for Shallow Underwater Images Visibility and Color Improvement.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35):1–5.
- Fisher J, Gasteratos G. Mathematical morphology operations and structuring elements. CV online: On-Line Compendium of Computer Vision [Online]. Section: Image Transformations and Filters. R. Fisher (ed). Available from: http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/CVonline/transf.htm. 2001; 17(2):1–13.
- Bhat VKI, Sengupta SA, Das D. Audio Watermarking Based on mean Quantization in Cepstrum Domain, IEEE. 2008.
- Gharahdaghi A, Pakdelazar O. Optimal Hybrid Deconvolution Method for VLBI Images. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Mar; 6(3):1–5.
- RF, Khalifa O. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: Digital Audio Watermarking; Techniques and Applications International Conference on Computer and Communication Engineering. ©2012 IEEE. 2012.
- Maragos P, Shafer RW. Morphological skeleton representation and coding of binary images. IEEE Transactions, ASSP.1986; 34(5):1228–44.
- Shobana KH, Mohan D. Metal Ion Removal from the Aqueous Feed using PVDF/PS Blend Ultrafiltration Membranes. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2010 Jun; 3(6):605–10.
- Schonfeld D, Goutsias J. Optimal morphological pattern restoration from noisy binary images. IEEE Transactions Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. 1991; 13(1): 14–29.
- Rani DS, Babu DUR, Murthy PVR. Motif Patterns Based Age Group Classification on LDP. International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology. 2016; 5(6):1–54.
- Santi P, Maitya M, Malay K, Kundub K. DHT domain digital watermarking with low loss in image informations.International Journal of Electronics and Communications.2008.
- Liu JL, Lou DC. A Robust watermarking scheme using self reference image computer standards and interfaces, Elsevier, 2006; 28(3):356–67.
- Thirugnanam G, Arulselvi S. Robust Digital Image Watermarking Scheme Based on DWT and ICA. Global Journal of Computer Science and Technology, Iran. 2010; 10:1–8.
- Wang CMA, Wu NIA, Tsai CSB, Hwang MS. A high quality steganographic method with pixel-value differencing and modulus function. The Journal of Systems and Software.2007; 81(1):150-8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.