Total views : 579
A Survey on Sentiment Analysis using Swarm Intelligence
The social web data has increased tremendously in the recent years in form of comments, blogs, reviews and tweets. The nature of this data is highly un-structured and high- dimensional, making text classification a tedious task. Sentiment analysis, which is a text classification technique is applied on this data to gauge user opinion on several pertinent issues. As a natural language processing task, sentiment analysis automatically mines attitudes or views of users on specific issues. It is a multi-step process where selecting and extracting features is a vital step that controls performance of sentiment classifier. The statistical techniques of feature selection like document frequency thresholding produce sub optimal feature subset due to the Non Polynomial (NP) hard nature of the problem. Swarm intelligence algorithms are extensively used in optimization problems. Optimization techniques could be applied to feature selection problem to produce Optimum feature set. Swarm Intelligence algorithms are used in feature subset selection for reducing feature subset dimensionality and computational complexity thereby increasing the classification accuracy. In this paper we study the state-of-art of the various swarm intelligence algorithms which are presently used for feature subset selection within the sentiment analysis framework. The study shows that swarm optimization brings significant accuracy gains. There are only few swarm algorithms which have been applied in this area and there are many other algorithms which can be explored, this study provides an insight into the various algorithms which can be expounded for improved sentiment analysis.
Feature Selection, Opinion Mining, Sentiment Analysis, Swarm Intelligence, Swarm Optimization.
- Pang B, Lee L. Opinion Mining and Sentiment Analysis. Foundations and Trends in Information Retrieval. 2008; 2(1-2):1–13.
- Fonseca CM, Fleming PJ. An Overview of Evolutionary Algorithms in Multiobjective Optimization. Spring, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Online. 1995; 3(1):1–16.
- Roy S, Biswas S, Chaudhuri SS. Nature-Inspired Swarm Intelligence and Its Applications. I J Modern Education and Computer Science. 2014; 12:55–65
- Ekbal A, Saha S, Garbe CS. Feature selection using multi objective optimization for named entity recognition. In proceedings of IEEE 20th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, 2010. p. 1937–40.
- Goffe WL, Ferrier GD, Rogers J. Global optimization of statistical functions with simulated annealing. Journal of Econometrics. 1994; 60(1–2):65–99
- Aghdam MH, Ghasem-Aghaee N, Basiri ME. Text feature
- Kumar A, Sebastian TM. Sentiment Analysis: A Perspective on its Past, Present and Future. International Journal of Intelligent Systems and Applications. 2012; 4(10).
- Yang Y, Pederson JO. A Comparative study on Feature Selection in Text Categorization. 1997.
- Abbasi A et al. Selecting Attributes for Sentiment Classification Using Feature Relation Networks and quot. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. 2011; 23:447–62.
- Lu Y, Zhai C, Sundaresan N. Rated aspect summarization of short comments. In Proceedings of the18th International Conference on World wide web, ACM, Madrid, Spain. 2009. p. 131–40.
- Abbasi A et al. Sentiment Analysis in Multiple Languages: Feature Selection for Opinion Classification in Web Forums. ACM Transactions on Information Systems. 2008; 26(3).
- Dorigo M. Optimization, Learning and Natural Algorithms, PhD thesis, Politecnico di Milano, Italy, 1992.
- Kennedy J, Eberhart R. Particle swarm optimization. Proceedings IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, IEEE. 1995; 4:942–8.
- Lucic P, Teodorovic D. Bee system: modeling combinatorial optimization transportation engineering problems by swarm intelligence. In Preprints of the TRISTAN IV triennial symposium on transportation analysis. 2001; 441–5.
- Passino KM. Biomimicry of bacterial foraging for distributed optimization and control. Control Systems, IEEE. 2002; 22(3):52–67.
- Li X-L, Shao Z-J, Qian J-X. Optimizing method based on autonomous animats: Fish-swarm algorithm. Xitong Gongcheng Lilunyu Shijian/System Engineering Theory and Practice
- Wedde HF, Farooq M, Zhang Y. Beehive: An efﬁcient fault-tolerant routing algorithm inspired by honey bee behavior. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3172 LNCS. 2004; 83–94.
- Karaboga D. An Idea Based On Honey Bee Swarm for Numerical Optimization, Technical Report-TR06, Erciyes University,Engineering Faculty, Computer Engineering Department, 2005.
- Teodorovic D, Dell’Orco M. Bee colony optimization–a cooperative learning approach to complex transportation problems. In Advanced OR and AI Methods in Transportation: Proceedings of 16th Mini–EURO Conference and 10th Meeting of EWGT. 2005.
- Drias H, Sadeg S, Yahi S. Cooperative bees swarm for solving the maximum weighted satisﬁability problem. In Computational Intelligence and Bioinspired Systems, Springer. 2005; 318–25.
- Krishnan KN, Ghose D. Detection of multiple source locations using a glowworm metaphor with applications to collective robotics. In Swarm Intelligence Symposium, 2005. SIS 2005. Proceedings 2005 IEEE. 2005; 84–91.
- Yang X-S. Engineering optimizations via nature-inspired virtual bee algorithms. 2005; 3562:317–23.
- Pham DT, Ghanbarzadeh A, Koc E, Otri S, Rahim S, Zaidi M. The bees algorithm-a novel tool for complex optimisation problems. Proceedings of the 2nd Virtual International Conference on Intelligent Production Machines and Systems. 2006. P. 454–9.
- Yang X-S, Lees JM, Morley CT. Application of virtual ant algorithms in the optimization of cfrp shear strengthened precracked structures. In Computational Science– ICCS 2006, Springer. 2006; 834–7.
- Mucherino A, Seref O. Monkey search: a novel metaheuristic search for global optimization. In Data Mining, Systems Analysis and Optimization in Biomedicine. 2007; 953:162–73.
- Yang X-S. Fireﬂy algorithm, stochastic test functions and design optimization. International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation. 2010; 2(2):78–84.
- Su S, Wang J, Fan W, Yin X. Good lattice swarm algorithm for constrained engineering design optimization. In Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing, 2007. WiCom 2007. IEEE. 2007; 6421–4.
- Chu Y, Mi H, Liao H, Ji Z, Wu QH. A fast bacterial swarming algorithm for high-dimensional function optimization. In Evolutionary Computation, 2008. CEC 2008.(IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence), IEEE. 2008; 3135–40.
- O’Keefe T, Koprinska I. Feature selection and weighting methods in sentiment analysis. In Proceedings of 14th Australasian Document Computing Symposium. 2009; 67– 74.
- Yang XS. A new metaheuristic bat-inspired algorithm. Nature Inspired Cooperative Strategies for Optimization (NICSO 2010). 2010; 65–74.
- Iordache S. Consultant-guided search: a new metaheuristic for combinatorial optimization problems. In Proceedings of the 12th annual conference on Genetic and evolutionary computation, ACM. 2010; 225–32.
- Yang X-S, Deb S. Eagle strategy using levy walk and ﬁreﬂy algorithms for stochastic optimization. In Nature Inspired Cooperative Strategies for Optimization (NICSO2010), Springer. 2010; 101–11.
- Ting TO, Man KL, Guan S-U, Nayel M, Wan K. Weightless swarm algorithm (wsa) for dynamic optimization problems. In Network and Parallel Computing, Springer. 2012; 508–15.
- de Paula Comellas Padro F, Navarro JM et al. Bumblebees: a multiagent combinatorial optimization algorithm inspired by social insect behavior. 2011.
- Gandomi AH, Alavi AH. Krill herd: a new bio-inspired optimization algorithm. Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, 2012.
- Tang R, Fong S, Yang X-S, Deb S. Wolf search algorithm with ephemeral memory. Seventh International Conference in Digital Information Management (ICDIM). 2012. p. 165–72.
- Dhurve R, Seth M. Weighted Sentiment Analysis Using Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), ISSN (Online): 2319-7064
- Sumathi T, Karthik S, Marikkannan M. Artificial Bee Colony Optimization for Feature Selection in Opinion Mining. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology. 2014 Aug 10. 66(1).
- Stylios G, Katsis CD, Christodoulakis D. Using Bio-inspired Intelligence for Web Opinion Mining. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2014; 87(5).
- Hasan Basari AS, Hussin B, GedePramudya Ananta I, Zeniarja J. Opinion Mining of Movie Review using Hybrid Method of Support Vector Machine and Particle Swarm Optimization.
- Gupta DK, Reddy KS, Shweta, Ekbal A. PSO-ASent: Feature Selection using Particle Swarm Optimization for Aspect Based Sentiment Analysis. Natural Language Processing and Information Systems of the series Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 9103:220–33.
- O’Keefe T, Koprinska I. Feature selection and weighting methods in sentiment analysis. Proceedings of 14th Australasian Document Computing Symposium. 2009; 67–74.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.