Total views : 246
Design and Analysis of Jet Vane Thrust Vectoring Nozzle using CFD and Optimization of Nozzle Parameters
This paper is dealing with optimization of various nozzle parameters (C-D Nozzle) such as Radius of Throat; Divergent angle.2-D model of nozzle is designed in ANSYS 14.5 which is then analyzed with fluent software for exit velocity for various nozzle parameters at the different values. Taguchi design technique is used for optimization of nozzle parameters to get optimum nozzle parameters of jet vane Thrust vectoring nozzle is analyzed for two different operating conditions i.e. one is at standard atmospheric condition and another one is for outer space condition.
- Parthiban P, Robert Sagayadoss M, Ambikapathi T. Design and analysis of rocket engine nozzle using CFD and Optimization of Nozzle Parameters. International Journal of Engineering Research-Online. 2015 Sep-Oct; 3(5).
- Chandra Murty MSR, Chkraborty D. Numerical Characterization of Jet-Vane based Thrust Vector Control System. Defence Science Journal. 2015 Jul; 65(4).
- SudheerBabu P, Srinivas Prasad S. Thrust Vector Control studies using Jet Vanes. International eJournal of Mathematics and Engineering. 2012; 200:1904–31.
- Patel KS. Flow Analysis and Optimization of Supersonic Rocket Engine Nozzle at various Divergent Angle using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE). 2014 Nov-Dec; 11(6).
- Rocket propulsion Elements by George P.Sutton 7th Edition.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.