Total views : 351
Synthesis and Physiothermal Analysis of Boron Nitride Based Nanofluid
Nanofluids are nanoscale colloidal suspensions containing condensed nanomaterials. Nanofluids have been found to possess enhanced thermos-physical properties such as thermal conductivity, thermal diffusivity, viscosity, and convective heat transfer coefficients compared to those of base fluids like oil or water. Boron Nitride (BN) nanoparticles - due to its high thermal conductivity, appropriate thermal expansion coefficient, high electrical insulation and high mechanical strength is a promising additive in traditional heat exchange fluids. In this work we synthesised Boron Nitride (BN) nanoparticles by hydrothermal method and the nanoparticles are characterized by XRD, EDAX and SEM. Nanofluids were prepared by different weight fractions of the nanoparticles in different ratio of water and Ethylene Glycol (EG) solution. Physiothermal properties of the fluids at different temperatures were investigated and the same is reported.
Boron Nitride, Nanofluid, Nanoparticles, Thermal conductivity, Viscosity.
- Tessy Theres Baby, Ramaprabhu S. Investigation of thermal and electrical conductivity of graphene based nanofluids. Journal of Applied Physics. 2010; 108:124-308.
- Wei Yu, Huaqing Xie, Wei Chen, Experimental investigation on thermal conductivity of nanofluids containing graphene oxide nano sheets. Journal of Applied Physics. 2010; 107:094-317.
- Wenhui Yuan, Yejian Gu, Li Li. Green synthesis of graphene/Ag nanocomposites. Applied Surface Science. 2012; 261:753-58.
- Hwang KS, Jang SP, Choi. Flow and convective heat transfer characteristics of water-based al2o3 nanofluids in fully developed laminar flow regime. Int. J. Heat Mass Tran. 2009; 52(1-2):193-99.
- Heris SZ, Etemad, Esfahany. Experimental investigation of oxide nanofluids laminar flow convective heat transfer. Int. Commun. Heat Mass. 2006; 33(4):529-35.
- Babu K. Prasanna Kumar TS. Effect of CNT concentration and agitation on surface heat flux during quenching in CNT nanofluids. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2011; 54:106-17.
- Pastoriza-Gallego, Casanova, Paramo, Barbes, Legido, Pineiro. A study on stability and thermophysical properties (density and viscosity) of Al2O3 in water nanofluid. J. Appl. Phys. 2009; 106(6):064301-8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.