Total views : 266
An Analytical Investigation On Design And Structural Analysis Of Cam Shaft Using Solid Works And Ansys In Automobiles
Objectives: This paper reports an investigation that was carried out for modelling and structural analysis of cam shaft. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The modelling of cam shaft is carried out using the software solid works and the structural analysis of the model is carried out by using Ansys software. Initially, the model is designed with Solid works software and then it is converted into Initial Graphics Exchange Specification (IGES) file. Then it is systematically analyzed using the IGES model of cam shaft. Experimental results under static load containing the stresses and deflection are predicted cast iron material. Findings: Testing was carried out for unidirectional different materials like ductile cast iron, nodular iron and carbon epoxy. By considering these materials, it is noted that the ductile cast iron is a good material compared to the nodular iron because the breakage of nodular cast iron is higher than the ductile cast iron. Application\ Improvements: Ductile cast iron is considered for making the cam shaft in vehicles because the cost of material slightly higher than nodular iron. In the development of modelling and also analyse by software helps to better result in design.
Cam shafts, Gray cast iron, Spheroidal cast iron, Carbon Epoxy, Solid works and Ansys.
- Chen FY. A survey of the state of the art of cam system dynamics, Mechanisms and Machinery Elsevier. 1893; 12(3):201-24.
- Ceken HB, Ucun L, Tasgetiren S. Fracture analysis of a cam shaft made from modular cast iron, Engineering Failure Analysis, Elsevier. 1999; 13(8):1240-45.
- Wang G, Taylor D, Bouquin B. Prediction of fatigue failure in camshaft using crack Modelling method, Engineering Failure Analysis, Elsevier. 2000; 7(3):189-97.
- Asi O. Failure Analysis of a crank shaft made from ductile cast iron, Engineering Failure Analysis, Elsevier. 2006; 13(8):1260-67.
- Suhas KS, Sheriff M. Contact analysis using finite element analysis for six station two lobe cam shaft. Indian Journal of Applied Research. 2014; 4(7):185-87.
- Pisano AP, Freudenstein F. An experimental and analytical investigation of the dynamic response of a high-speed cam-follower system, Journal of Mechanics, Transmission, Automatic in Design, ASME. 2009; 105(4):692-98.
- Mills JK, Notash L, Fenton RG. Optimal design and sensitivity analysis of flexible cam mechanisms. Mechanisms and Machinery Elsevier. 1993; 28(4):563-81.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.