Total views : 516
A Review on Persuasive Technology (PT) Strategy in Awareness Study
Objectives: This paper reviews empirical research on persuasive technology with the following aims to (i) to examine the result of the 25 persuasive technology studies related to awareness as the intended outcome, (ii) to explore the strategy used in creating awareness to users and (iii) to identify the persuasive strategies used and (iv) investigates the domain of studies selected. Methods/Statistical analysis: This study employs two activities which are literature review and systematic review. Accordingly, 25 related models were compared and systematically analyzed. Findings: Result from the reviews indicates that persuasive technology has the ability to increase user awareness toward certain context or issues. Most of the studies show that the computer role as a media and social actor gives more impact to increase awareness compared to the computer role as a tool. In terms of persuasive strategy used, it shows that suggestion, cause and effect, and attractiveness are the most used strategies implemented in the applications. Application/Improvements: This study suggests that understanding the appropriate persuasive strategy is important in helping researchers developing an effective applications towards the intended outcome.
Awareness Study, Persuasive Technology.
- Fogg B J, Cuellar G, Danielson D. Motivating, influencing, and persuading users. The human-computer interaction handbook. 2002 , pp.358-370.
- Salam, Abdul S R, Yahaya W A J W, Ali A M. Using persuasive design principles in motivational feeling towards children dental anxiety (CDA). International Conference on Persuasive Technology, Springer Berlin Heidelberg. 2010, pp.223-237.
- Liu, Min, Jones C, Hemstreet S. Interactive multimedia design and production processes. Journal of Research on Computing in Education .1998, 30(3),pp. 254-280.
- Mayer, Richard E. Incorporating motivation into multimedia learning. Learning and Instruction. 2014 Feb,29, pp. 171-173.
- Fogg B J. Persuasive technologies. Communications of the ACM. 1999 May, 42(5),pp. 26-29.
- Fogg B J. Persuasive Technology: Using Computers to Change what We Think and Do. Morgan Kaufmann. 2003.
- Crisp R J, Turner R N. Essential social psychology. London: Sage Publications. 2010 Mar.
- Catherine U O. Individual Variables and Principals Emotional Management Competencies in Secondary Schools in Rivers State. Global Academic Group. 2001,pp. 1 –11.
- Miller C R, Eisner W, Allport C. Creative coping: a cognitive-behavioral group for borderline personality disorder. Archives of Psychiatric Nursing. 1994 Aug ,8(4), pp. 280-285.
- Clark R C, Mayer R E. E-learning and the science of instruction: Proven guidelines for consumers and designers of multimedia learning. John Wiley & Sons. 2012 Jan .
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.