Total views : 210
Design and Implementation of Series Field Converter for Doubly Salient Reluctance Motor
Background/Objectives: This paper deals with the design and implementation of Series Field Converter (SFC) for Doubly Salient Reluctance Motor (DSRM). Methods/Statistical Analysis: SFC is developed to reduce the total power loss by reducing the components. By including Resistive-Capacitive-Diode (RCD) snubber the losses are decreased and regenerative operation is provided. Findings: The RCD snubber is used to suppress the high voltage spike which occurs on the collector of the IGBT during turn ON and turn OFF period of the switch. Applications: The designed converter can be used for all types of reluctance motor.
Bifilar Winding, Doubly Salient Reluctance Motor, RCD Snubber, Series Field Converter.
- Pollock C, Brackley M. Comparison of the acoustic noise of a flux switching and a switched reluctance drive. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 2003 May-Jun; 39(3):826–34.
- Li Y, Li S, Yang Y, Sarlioglu B. Analysis of flux switching permanent magnet machine design for high-speed applications. Proceeding IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Expo (ECCE); 2014 Sep. p. 302–9.
- Pollock C, Pollock H, Barron R, Coles JR, Moule D, Court A, Sutton R. Flux-switching motors for automotive applications. IEEE Trans on Industry Applications. 2006 Sep-Oct; 42(5):1177-84.
- Cheng M, Chau KT, Chan CC, Sun Q. Control and operation of a new 8/6-pole doubly salient permanent magnet motor drive. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 2003 Sep–Oct; 39(5):1363-71.
- Pollock H, Pollock C, Walter RT, Gorti BV. Low cost, high power density, flux-switching machines and drives for power tools. Proceeding IEEE Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting; 2003 Oct 3. p. 1451-7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.