Total views : 264
Development and Implementation of Shunt Field Converter for Synchronous Motor
Background/Objectives: This paper deals with the design and implementation of Shunt Field Converter for Synchronous Motor. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This converter topology is developed to improve the performance of the motor and to reduce the total power loss. Findings: The RCD snubber is used to suppress the high voltage spike which occurs on the collector of the IGBT during turn ON and turn OFF period of the switch. Applications: The designed converter can be used for all types of reluctance motor.
Full Pitch Winding, Flux Reversal, Synchronous Motor, Shunt Field Converter.
- Pollock H, Pollock C, Walter RT, Gorti BV. Low Cost, high power density, flux-switching machines and drives for power tools. Proceeding IEEE Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting; 2003 Oct 3. p. 1451-7.
- Li Y, Li S, Yang Y, Sarlioglu B. Analysis of flux switching permanent magnet machine design for high-speed applications. Proceeding IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Expo (ECCE); 2014 Sep. p. 302–9.
- Pollock PH, Barron R, Coles JR, Moule D, Court A, Sutton R. Flux-switching motors for automotive applications. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 2006 Sep-Oct; 42(5):1177-84.
- ChengM, ChauK T, Chan CC, Sun Q. Control and operation of a new 8/6-pole doubly salient permanent magnet motor drive. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 2003 Sep-Oct; 39(5):1363-71.
- Pollock BM. Comparison of the acoustic noise of a flux switching and a switched reluctance drive. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 2003 May–Jun; 39(3):826– 34.
- Cheng M, Chau KT, Chan CC. Design and analysis of a new doubly salient permanent magnet motor. IEEE Transactions on Magnetics. 2001 Jul; 37(4):3012-20.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.