Total views : 295
Design of 250 W AC Series Motor
Objectives: This article is aimed at providing a detailed design of a 250 W AC series motor. Analytical design of the motor is performed to determine the armature winding design, commutator diameter, magnetic circuit analysis. The motor is simulated to estimate its performance. Methods/Statistical Analysis: To estimate the performance of the motor, the motor is simulated and finite element analysis is implemented to determine the flux density, electromagnetic torque under different operating speeds. The results of magnetic circuit design and commutator design are used in the finite element method to simulate the motor accurate to practical conditions. Form the obtained results the losses are determined. Findings: The results obtained include the flux density plot and the electromagnetic torque for different speeds. From the obtained results the performance of the motor is evaluated and the losses are tabulated. Applications/Improvements: The motor is designed to run a washing machine. Other general applications of the motor are mixers, drilling machines, vacuum cleaners, water sprinklers.
AC Series Motor, Commentator, Finite Element Analysis, Magnetic Circuit, Silicon Steel.
- Tuncay RN, Kanca G. Theoretical and experimental study of universal motor for vacuum cleaners. Proceeding ELECO’ 99 ICEEE; 1999. p. 314-9.
- Cros J, Viarouge P, Chalifour Y, Figueroa J. A new structure of universal motor using soft magnetic composites. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 2004 Mar-Apr; 40(2):550-7.
- Liu H, Woodburn D, Lin S, Wu TX, Wei J, Cao K. Design of a high speed universal motor for organic agriculture applications. PIERS Proceedings; Cambridge, USA. 2010 Jul. p. 314-7.
- Di Gerlando A, Perini R. The universal motor: A classic machine with evergreen challenges in design and modelling. Proceeding IEEE Workshop on Electrical Machines Design Control and Diagnosis; 2013 Mar. p. 85-94.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.