Total views : 230
Integration of Process Planning and Scheduling of a Manufacturing Systems using Petri nets and Genetic Algorithm
This paper presents a new approach towards the integration of process planning and scheduling functions in the manufacturing systems using Petri nets and genetic Algorithm. The modelling and cost estimation technique is based on a new Petri net model: the PP-net (Process Planning net) which represents manufacturing knowledge in the form of precedence constraints and incorporates the cost of machining operations in each operation transition. Using this model as the base, the process plan for the part is developed taking into account the manufacturing costs caused by the machine, setup and tool changing in addition to the pure operation cost. The method proceeds in the cost calculation by attaching a specific data structure to each PP-net transition which describes the associated machine, setup and the tool for the operation modelled by the transition. After the model is created, it is analyzed for the cost and the minimum time of processing of the part. Scheduling is done using Genetic Algorithms to find the minimum tardiness as the objective on three parts which use the same machines and setups.
CAPP, PNML, PP-net, Process planning, Scheduling.
- Palmer GJ. A simulated annealing approach to integrated production scheduling. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing. 1996; 7:163–76.
- French S. Sequencing and Scheduling: An Introduction to the mathematics of the job-shop, Ellis Horwood Series in Mathematics and Its Applications, ed. G.M. Bell (Chichester: Ellis Hollwood Limited, 1982).
- Brandimarte P. Neighbourhood search based optimization algorithms for production scheduling: a survey. Computer Integrated Manufacturing. 1992; 5(2):167–76.
- Maccarthy BL, Liu J. Addressing the gap in scheduling research: a review of optimization and heuristic methods in production scheduling. International Journal of Production Research. 1993; 31(1):59–79.
- Blazewicz J, Domschke W, Pesch E. The job shop scheduling problem: conventional and new solution techniques. European Journal of Operational Research. 1996; 93:1–33.
- Gargeya VB, Deane RH. Scheduling research in multiple resource constrained job shops: a review and critique. In: Kiritsis D, Neuendorf K-P, Xirouchakis P editors. International Journal of Production Research. 1996; 34(8):2077–97.
- Sundaram, Meenakshi R, Fu S-S. Process Planning and scheduling. Computers and Industrial Engineering.1988; 15(1-4):296–301.
- Cecil JA, Srihari K, Emerson CR. A review of Petri net applications in process planning. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. 1992; 7:168–77.
- Desrochers A, Jaar Al-. Applications of Petri nets in manufacturing systems. New York: IEEE Press, 1995.
- Kiritsis D, Porchet M. A generic Petri net model for dynamic process planning and sequence optimization. Adv Engineering Software. 1996; 25(1):61–71.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.