Total views : 456
Velocity Analysis of a DC Brushed Encoder Motor using Ziegler-Nichols Algorithm: A Case of an Automated Guided Vehicle
Objectives: The use of “Automated Guided Vehicles” (AGV) has emerged for automation in material handling applications. These AGVs are equipped with DC brushed/ brushless motors with encoders. The encoders feed the actual shaft position of a DC motor to the microcontroller, which converts the shaft position into the angular velocity. This is called as velocity analysis of DC encoder motor. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The first phase of paper focuses on the hardware of AGV and interfacing a controller with MATLAB. In the second phase, the transfer function of the system, type of the system, order of the system, steady state and transient analysis are shown. In the final phase of the paper, system’s response with P, PI and PID controllers are shown with the help of Ziegler-Nicholas (Z-N algorithm) algorithm (Real time and simulation both) with respect to step input. Findings: Industries have different types of layout for production. Some has process layout whereas some has plant layout. According to the production capacity and type of the layout, industries design the path for AGVs (for material handling). Generally AGVs do loading and unloading stuff, which is very much useful as far as smooth production is concerned. Some companies and researchers have designed AGVs with different specifications. If AGV comes out of the track due to irregular velocity, leads the plant to higher lead time and it may damage the productivity chain. To overcome this problem a metrology for doing velocity analysis for different controllers and algorithms are shown. Application/Improvements: This algorithm and control strategy helps AGV to move with constant velocity. It also protects AGV from accident or collision, which directly affects the productivity and better material handling process.
Arduino Controller, DC Brushed Encoder Motor, MATLAB, P, PI and PID Controller, Real Time Data Acquisition, Z-N Algorithm.
- Gajjar B, Sheth S. Design and Automation in Back Plug Press Fitting Process of Ball Pen Assembly. Applied Mechanics and Materials. 2014; 592(2):596–2600.
- Gajjar B, Sheth S. Investigation of Automation Strategy and Its effect on Assembly Cost: A Case Study on Ball Pen Assembly Line. International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology, Special. 2012; 3:89–92.
- Bhavsar S, Parikh P. Actuation of hydraulic and Pneumatic system using DTMF technology. Proceedings of International Conference on Innovations in Automation and Mechatronics Engineering, G.H. Patel College of Engineering and Technology, India. 2013 Feb. p. 184–90.
- Parikh P, Joshi K, Sheth S. Color Guided Vehicle-An Intelligent Material Handling Mechatronic System. Proceedings of the 1st International and 16th National Conference on Machines and Mechanisms (iNaCoMM2013), IIT Roorkee, India. 2013. p. 628–35.
- Parikh P, Shah H, Sheth S. A Mechatronics design of a line tracker robot using Ziegler Nichols control technique for P, PI and PID controllers. International Mechanical Engineering Congress (IMEC-2014), NIT Trichy, India. 2014; 3(10):963–66.
- Parikh P, Shah H, Sheth S. Development of a multi-channel wireless data acquisition System for swarm robots - A Mechatronic Approach using Arduino UNO and MATLAB. International Journal of Engineering Development and Research (IJEDR). 2014; 2(1):717–25.
- Patel T, Sheth S Patel P. Design of Semi-automatic Hydraulic Blanking Machine using PLC. National Conference on Innovative and Emerging Technologies (NCIET- 2015). 2015 Apr. p. 410–2.
- Sheth S, Kher R, Shah R, Dudhat P, Jani P. Automatic Sorting System using Machine Vision. Multi-Disciplinary International Symposium on Control, Automation and Robotics. 2010; 1–6.
- Tamboli K, Sheth S, Shah V, Modi V, Gandhi, Amin N. Design and Development of a Mechatronic System for the Measurement of Railway Tracks. Discovery. 2015; 43(200):174–80.
- Virani M, Vekariya J, Sheth S, Tamboli K. Design and Development of Automatic Stirrup Bending Mechanism. Proceedings of 1st International and 16th National Conference on Machines and Mechanisms (iNaCoMM2013), IIT Roorkee, India. 2013. p. 598–606.
- Parikh P, Sheth S, Patel T. Positional Analysis of a DC brushed Encoder Motor using Ziegler-Nichols Algorithm. CAD/CAM, Robotics and Factories of the Future, Springer India. 2016; 5(2):637–50.
- Chauhan V, Sheth S, Hindocha B, Shah R, Dudhat P, Jani P. Design and development of a machine vision system for part color detection and sorting, Proceedings of Second International Conference on Signals, Systems and Automation, ICSSA- 2011, Gujarat, India. 2011. p. 90–3.
- Vaghasiya M, Moradia H, Nayi R, Sheth S, Hindocha B. Modeling of an automatic positioned, A mechatronics approach. 4th National Conference on Recent Advances in Manufacturing. 2014. p. 284–88.
- Desai S, Sheth S. Study and proposed design of Centrifugal Casting Machine for manufacturing of turbine bearing. International Conference on Mechanical, Material, Industrial, Automotive and Aeronautical and Nano-Technology (MIANT-2015) Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India. 2105. p. 34–7.
- Desai S, Sheth S. Proposed Design of Centrifugal Casting Machine for Manufacturing of Turbine Bearing. National Conference on Advances and Challenges in Engineering and Science (NCACES-2012), L. C. Institute Of Technology, Bhandu, Mehsana, India. 2012.
- Desai S, Sheth S, Chauhan P. Design and Modelling of Dual faceplate Centrifugal casting equipment for manufacturing of turbine bearing, CAD/CAM, Robotics and Factories of the Future, Springer India. 2016; 523–34.
- Sheth S, Patel Kavit H, Patel H. Design of Automatic Fuel Filling system using a mechatronics approach. CAD/CAM, Robotics and Factories of the Future, Springer India. 2016; 785–95.
- Gangadia H, Sheth S, Chauhan P. Design and modelling of special Purpose Equipment for shell-diaphragm welding in conveyer pulley. Procedia Technology. 2014; 14:497–505.
- Rizwan JM, Krishnan PN, Karthikeyan R, Kumar SR. Multi layer perception type artificial neural network based traffic control. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb 9; 9(5):1–6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.