Total views : 280
Vibration Analysis of Printed Circuit Board Plate with Varying Boundary Conditions
Objectives: The Young’s Modulus (E) plays key role in the vibration response of any structure. Hence its estimate with reasonable accuracy is of paramount importance. The Printed Circuit Board (PCB) used in military application consists of more than 6 layers, with pre-peg and copper composition. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The multiple layers PCB E value will vary from one design to other as it depends on the composition of layers. These PCB plates are subjected to vibration loads – sine, random and shock. A detailed work has been carried out to quantify the mechanical property of Young’s Modulus (E) of the PCB plate both analytically and experimentally. Findings: This E value obtained was used in the FEM analysis (using ANSYS 16) to solve the vibration response of the PCB. The study also includes analytical calculation and experimental estimation of natural frequency of the PCB plate for different boundary conditions. The natural frequency estimation through analytical and experimental methods show good correlation thus validating the estimation procedure of E of the PCB as well. Application: This work gives us a robust method for estimating Young’s modulus of Multi-layer PCB which find application in variety of military electronics.
ANSYS, Natural Frequency, PCB Vibration, Random Vibration, Young’s Modulus.
- Timoshenko SP, Krieger SW. Theory of plates and shells, McGraw Hill, New York. 1959; 1–591.
- Guojun H, Yong GK, en LJ, Chin LW, Barton X. Thermo elastic Properties of Printed Circuit Boards: Effect of Copper Trace. Microelectronics and Packing Conference, Rimini. 2009. p. 1–6.
- Matkowski P, Zawierta R, Felba J. Vibration Response of Printed Circuit Board in Wide Range of Temperature, Characterization of PCB Materials. 32nd International Spring Seminar on Electronic Technology, Brno. 2009; 1–6.
- Tang W, Ren J, Feng G, Xu L. Study on Vibration Analysis for Printed Circuit Board of an Electronic Apparatus. Proceedings of the IEEE, China, Harbin. 2007; 855–60.
- Steinberg DS. Steinberg & Associates, 3rd Edition, Vibration Analysis for Electronic Equipment, John Wiley & Sons, University of California, Los Angeles. 2000.
- Reddy TS, Reddy KVK. Design and Analysis of Vibration Test Bed Fixtures for Space Launch Vehicles. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2010 May; 3(5):592–95.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.