Total views : 206
The BLIXER, Integrated Balun-LNA-Mixer for ZigBee Application
Objectives: The main objective of this paper is to design a Blixer using noise-cancelling technique and balun –LNA-Mixer for better performance. Methods: As studied in literature of mixers, it shows they have less bandwidth disadvantage. This paper is concentrated to realize a wide bandwidth mixer by keeping the real part of the impedance of all RF nodes low, and using this mixer there is no capacitive loading problem. Findings: By avoiding use of inductors, the on chip size of circuit will be reduced and also the bandwidth extension requirement is fulfilled. This gives less DC-voltage drop after IF filtering. The design is implemented and simulated using Advanced Design System tool in CMOS 0.18um technology. The noise figure of the final BLIXER is obtained as 0.6dB and that of LNA is less than 2dB. This results are one of the best seen for a BLIXER. Applications: This design is well suited for wideband ZigBee receiver in wireless communication systems.
Balun, Blixer, LNA, Mixer, Wideband.
- Lee S, Bergervoet J, Harish KS, Leenaerts D, Roovers R, van de Beek R, van der Weide G. A broadband receive chain in 65 nm CMOS. IEEE ISSCC Dig. Tech. Papers; 2007 Feb. p. 418–613.
- Craninckx J, Liu M, Hauspie D, Giannini V, Kim T, Lee J, Libois M, Debaillie D, Soens C, lngels M, Baschirotto A, van Driessche J, van der Perre LP, Vanbekbergen P. A fully reconfigurable software-defined radio transceiver in 0.13 m CMOS. IEEE ISSCC Dig. Tech. Papers; 2007 Feb. p. 346–607.
- Bagheri R, Mirzaei A, Chehrazi S, Heidari ME, Lee M, Mikhemar M, Tang W, Abidi AA. An 800- MHz-6-GHz software-defined wirelessreceiver in 90-nm CMOS. IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits. 2006 Dec; 41:2860–76.
- Blaakmeer SC, Klumperink EAM, Nauta B, Leenaerts DMW. An inductorless wideband balun-LNA in 65 nm CMOS with balanced output. Proceedings 33rd European Solid State Circuits Conference (ESSCIRC); 2007 Sep. p. 364–7.
- Blaakmeer SC, Klumperink EAM, Leenaerts DMW, Nauta B. Wideband balun-LNA with simultaneous output balancing, noise-canceling and distortion-canceling. IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits. 2008 Jun; 43:1341–50.
- Chehrazi S, Mirzaei A, Bagheri R, Abidi AA. A 6.5 GHz wideband CMOS low noise amplifier for multi-band use. Proceedings IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (CICC’05); 2005 Sep. p. 801–4.
- Blaakmeer SC, Klumperink EAM, Leenaerts DMW, Nauta B. A wideband balun LNA I/Q-mixer combination in 65 nm CMOS. IEEE ISSCC Dig. Tech. Papers; 2008 Feb. p. 326–7.
- Bruccoleri F, Klumperink EAM, Nauta B. Noise cancelling in wideband CMOS LNAs. IEEE ISSCC Dig. Tech. Papers; 2002 Feb. p. 406–7.
- Bruccoleri F, Klumperink EAM, Nauta B. Wide-band CMOS low-noise amplifier exploiting thermal noise canceling. IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits. 2004 Feb; 39:275–82.
- Bruccoleri F, Klumperink EAM, Nauta B. Wideband low noise amplifiers exploiting thermal noise cancellation. Kluwer/Springer; 2005.
- Manjula S, Selvathi D. Design and optimization of ultra low power low noise amplifier using particle swarm optimization. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(36).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.