Total views : 305
Optimal Actuation of Controller using Predictive PI for Nonlinear Level Process
Background/Objective: Energy consumption of the actuator illustrates the performance of controller on the process. Objective of this paper is to prove how predictive control approach minimizes the energy utilization of actuator in nonlinear process (conical tank level process). Method/Statistical Analysis: Conical tank is divided into three operating regions and model identification using two-point method has been carried out at oneselected operating region. Efficiency of controller is validated by subjecting it with the identified model at all operating regions. Prediction filter which acts as dead time compensation was introduced in cascade with controller. Findings: Simulation and experimental results validates the approach. The effectiveness of the design has been compared with the advanced control schemes. Application and Improvements: This methodology can be implemented in the nonlinear processes with dead time. It can be applicable for the processes where energy consumption of actuator is considered as key objective.
FOPDT, Nonlinear Process, Predictive PI, SIMC.
- Hagglund T. A predictive PI controller for processes with dead times. IEEE Control Systems. 1992 Aug; 12(1):57-60.
- Hagglund T. An industrial dead-time compensating PI controller. Control Engineering Practice.1996 Jun; 4(6):749–56.
- Airikka P. Stability analysis of a predictive pi controller. Proceedings, Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation; 2013 Jun. p. 1380-5.
- Airikka P. PID and predictive PID control design for crushing and screening. Proceedings, Nordic Process Control Workshop; 2013 Aug. p. 1-2.
- Matauiek MR, Micii AD. A modified smith predictor for controlling a process with an integrator and long dead-time. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control. 1996 Aug; 41(8):1199-203.
- Yadav ES, Indiran T. Servo mechanism technique based anti-reset windup PI controller for pressure process station. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(8):1-4.
- Pasi A. Predictive PID controller for integrating processes with long dead times. Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation. 2014 Jun; p. 475–80.
- Eadal Sabura Banu U, Hemavathy PR, Prabhu L. Real time implementation of enhanced nonlinear PID controller for a conical tank process. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2013: 1-5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.