Total views : 221
Proposed MANET Cluster Algorithm for Stable and Reliable Cluster Groups- Improving QoS
Objective: To maintain a stable structure and augment life of mobile nodes. We tried to formulate an Algorithm to make the network structure more stable and accessible. Methods/Analysis: We presented a method to achieve stability in the network, by keeping the communication between nodes as minimal as possible and upkeep the number of clusters formed. This was simulated by selection of cluster head based on probability weighted node calculation looking for the internal table of a node and records its neighbors. We also tried to reduce the overhead of route maintenance and cluster re-election by keeping a threshold value to determine the failure of the cluster head and choose for re-election. In addition to this during re-election, the battery power was also considered. Findings: We used the routing table information, to design our algorithm to detect groups that are stable over time. The algorithm presented for the selection of head node; we selected parameters such as-degree and relative speed of a node with respect to its neighborhood. To evaluate that the cluster formed is a stable structure, we varied the transmission range, speed of nodes and number of nodes moving towards another node. In an ideal scenario, the traffic flow decreases when there is a communication between the head nodes of the Clusters. With the help of Clustering, the chances of interference is reduced which adversely increases the efficiency and network throughput. Applications/Improvements: The work can be extended to enhance the cluster shaping and enhance the adaptability of the protocol.
Clustering, Cluster Head, Cluster Setup, Cluster Structure, Maintenance, MANET, Stability.
- Koushik CP, Vetrivelan P, Ratheesh R. Energy Efficient Landmark Selection for Group Mobility Model in MANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct, 8(26):1-7.
- Irshad E, Noshairwain W, Usman M, Irshad A, Gilani M. Germany: WWW/Internet, IADIS: Group Mobility in Mobile Ad hoc Networks. 2008 Oct; p. 13–15.
- Deny J, Sundhararajan M. Performance Assessment and Comparisons of Single and Group Mobility in Mane. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(21):1-6.
- Abdulsaheb GM, Khalaf OI, Sulaiman N, Hamzah F, Zmezm ZH. Improving Ad Hoc Network Performance by using an Efficient Cluster Based Routing Algorithm. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(30):1-8.
- Jane Y, Peter YHJ, Chong C. Nanyang Technological University: A Survey of Clustering Schemes for Mobile ad hoc Networks, first quarter. 2005; 7(1):1-17.
- Chatterjee M, Das SK, Turgut D. WCA: a weighted clustering algorithm for mobile Ad Hoc networks Cluster Computing 2002; 5(1):193-204.
- Preetha V, Chitra K. Clustering & Cluster Head Selection Techniques in Mobile Adhoc Networks. International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering. 2014; 2(7):1.
- Muthuramalingam S, RajaRam R, Pethaperumal K, Devi VK. A Dynamic Clustering Algorithm for MANETs by modifying Weighted Clustering Algorithm with Mobility Prediction. International Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering. 2010; 2(4):709-14.
- Umamaheswari G, Radhamani R. Clustering Schemes for Mobile Adhoc Networks: A Review. Coimbatore, India: International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics. 2012; 7(1):32-48.
- Rani VG, Punithavalli M. India: MPBCA: Mobility Prediction Based Clustering Algorithm for MANET. 2013; 5(1):1-2.
- Rathika SKB, Bhavithra J. An Efficient Fault Tolerance Quality of Service in Wireless Networks Using Weighted Clustering Algorithm; Bonfring International Journal of Research in Communication Engineering. 2012; 2(1):1-10.
- Basu P, Khan N, Little TDC. A Mobility Based Metric for Clustering in Mobile Adhoc Networks. USA: Proc. IEEE ICDCSW’01. 2001; p. 413–18.
- Chauhan N. A Distributed Weighted Cluster Based Routing Protocol for MANETs. Wireless Sensor Network. 2011; 3(1):54-60.
- Zeng Y, Cao J, Guo S, Yang K, Xie L. A Secure Weighted Clustering Algorithm in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks. Nanjing: IEEE conference on Wireless Communication and Networking Conferences. 2009.
- Roy A, Hazarika M, Debbarma MK. Energy Efficient Cluster Based Routing in MANET. Mumbai, India: International Conference on Communication, Information & Computing Technology (ICCICT). 2012.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.