Total views : 129
Dual Band Z-slotted Rectangular Micro-Strip Patch Antenna Loaded with Metamaterial
Objectives: Methods/Statistical Analysis: To design of a Dual Band Z-slotted rectangular micro-strip patch antenna loaded with metamaterial. Three MSRR (Multiple Split Ring Resonator, no of rings(N=2)) are used for loading. The structure is having one Z-slotted rectangular micro-strip patch and three SRR at the top, bottom and front side of patch. The entire proposed structure is implemented on a substrate having permittivity (εr=2.2) with thickness (h=2.1mm). Findings: When patch is loaded with metamaterial, it resonates at two bands 4.9GHz and 5.3GHz with a good impedance bandwidth. The electrical size of this antenna is 0.317 λ × 0.3551 λ × 0.0364 λ at lower resonant frequency. The antenna gain is 6.67 dB and 7.53 dB at the first and second band respectively. Thus conclusion is that MSRR improve the radiation pattern of slotted antenna. Application/Improvements: Antenna is suitable for public safety wireless communication system and WLAN application.
Dual Band Antenna, Metamaterial, Rectangular Micro-Strip Patch Antenna(RMPA), Slotted Antenna.
- Balanis CA. Modern Antenna Handbook 3rd edition. A John Wiley and Sons, Inc. Publications, 2005.
- Bhunia S. Effect of slot loading on microstrip patch antenna. International Journal of wired and Wireless Communications. IJWWC. 2012 Oct; 1(1): 1–6.
- Veselago VG. The electrodynamics of substances with simultaneously negative values of ε and μ, soviet Physics Uspekhi. 1968; 10(4): 509–14. Crossref
- Shelby RA, Smith DR, Schultz S. Experimental verification of a negative index of refraction. 2001; 292: 77–9.
- Caloz C, Okabe H, Iwai T, Itoh T. Transmission line approach of left-handed (LH) materials. In Proceedings of USNC/URSI National Radio Science Meeting, San Antonio, TX. 2015; 1: 39.
- Bae HR, So SO, Cho CS, Lee JW, Kim J. A crooked U-slot dual-band antenna with radial stub feeding. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2006; 8: 1345–8.
- Wang P, Wen GJ, Huang, YJ, Sun YH. Compact CPWfed planar monopole antenna with distinct triple bands for WiFi/WiMAX applications. Electronics Letters. 2006; 48(7): 357–9. Crossref
- Martı’nez FJH, Zamora G, Paredes F, Martı’n F, Bonache J. Multiband printed monopole antennas loaded with OCSRRs for PANs and WLANs. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2011; 10: 1528–31. Crossref
- Federal Communications Commission, Washington, DC, USA. Federal Communications Commission revision of Part 15 of the commission’s rules regarding ultra-wideband transmission system from 3.1 to 10.6 GHz. 2002
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.