Total views : 183
The Concept of Converted Electric Vehicle with Advanced Traction and Dynamic Performance and Environmental Safety Indicators: Theoretical Basis
Objectives: To produce effective technical solutions on the structure, composition and characteristics of propulsion systems of Electric Vehicles (EV) to be converted on the basis of conventional vehicles. Methods/Statistical analysis:The success of this work can be determined only in the framework of the full technological cycle for the conversion of conventional vehicles in electric vehicles. The conversion process shall be carried out according to a specialized procedure and be accompanied by a necessary implementation of specific criteria and guidelines to follow that will allow for the development of a truly effective in relation to consumer and performance properties of the electric vehicle. Findings: This article presents the results of the development of scientifically based concept for the design of the converted electric vehicles, including the methodology for calculating the key characteristics of the components of electrical traction systems,optimization criteria of operating characteristics of electric vehicles as well as the conversion principles of conversion.The aspects of the energy efficiency of propulsion systems are reviewed, while using multi-parameter characteristics, a qualitative analysis is made, including comparison of the optimal operating conditions of Internal Combustion Engines(ICE) of conventional vehicles and electric traction drive. The basic phases of conversion of vehicles to electric vehicles are laid down, which are defined in the framework of the basic phases and the necessary process operations. The results can serve as guidance material in the development of electric vehicles and assessment of electric vehicle performance at the design phase as well as contribute to a rational choice of propulsion system options at conversion. Improvements/Applications: The indices, dependences, principles and provisions presented here build the basis of the concept of full technological cycle for the conversion and can be used to assess the characteristics of the convertible electric vehicle at the design stage, as well as contribute to a rational choice of powertrain parameters when converting.
Conversion, Electric Vehicle, Electric Drive, Powertrain, Performance Characteristics, Traction System.
- Moawad A, Rousseau A. Effect of electric drive vehicle technologies on fuel efficiency – final report Argonne, IL: Argonne National Laboratory (US); 2012 Aug. p. 59–107.
- Fernandez SG, Vijayakumar K, Sattianadan, Vidyasagar S. Essential need for electric vehicles and infrastructure advancement: challenges in India. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Sep; 9(35):1–4.
- Senapati RR, Kumar SJ, Juliet AV. Optimal site selection for electric vehicles inductive charging station in a car park infrastructure. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2016 Aug; 9(30):1–6.
- Golubchik TV, Yutt VE, Sidorov KM. A study of an electric drive of a transport vehicle with simulation and bench testing of a prototype. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2016; 11(3):1746–53.
- UQM Technologies. Company Overview Paper presented at: The 28th International Electric Vehicle Symposium and Exhibition [Internet]. 2016 [cited 2016 Oct 27]. Available from: https://www.uqm.com/English/home/default.aspx.
- Sidorov KM, Sidorov BN. Definition of parameters of main components of a vehicle power plant. Izvestiya MGTU MAMI: Vehicles and power plants. 2015; 2(24):1–122.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.