Total views : 435
The Effect of Technology, Organization Factors on E-Commerce Adoption among Palestinian SMEs
Background/Objectives: The goal of this research is to examine the elements which influence Small and Medium Enterprises (SME’s) in developing countries in terms of E-Commerce (EC). The justification of this research is the lack of sound research on EC adoption by SME’s in developing countries, as they lag behind developed countries although they have the capabilities. Additionally, few studies exist on this matter in Palestine, thus the study’s results can be applied to similar countries. Methods/Analysis: The research incepted a model based on TOE framework, which has six proposed variables that affect EC adoption by SME’s. The variables were divided into technological and organizational factors. 250 decisions makers in Palestine were surveyed; a Structured Equation Modeling (SEM) using Analysis of Moments Structures (AMOS) was utilized for validating the proposed model. Findings: It was found that technology factors and organization factors are the determinant elements that impact Palestinian SMEs in their adoption of EC. Applications: The findings in this research can increase the adoption level of EC among SMEs sector of Palestine.
Electronic Commerce Adoption, Organization Factors, Palestine, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), Technology Factors.
- Nejadirani F, Behravesh M, Rasouli R. Developing countries and electronic commerce the case of SMEs. World Applied Sciences Journal. 2011; 15(5):756–64.
- Wamda. Inspiring, Empowering and Connecting Entreprenuers; 2014.
- Kurnia S, Choudrie J, Mahbubur RM, Alzougool B. E-commerce technology adoption: A Malaysian grocery SME retail sector study. Journal of Business Research. 2015; 68(9):1906–18.
- Chee LS, Suhaimi BA, Quan LR. Understanding the determinants of e-commerce adoption: evidence from manufacture sector in West Malaysia. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(10):1–8.
- Izzah N, Rifai D, Yao L. Relationship-courier partner logistics and e-commerce enterprises in malaysia: A review. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(9):1–10.
- Al-Somali SA, Gholami R, Clegg B. A Stage-Oriented Model (SOM) for e-commerce adoption: A study of Saudi Arabian organisations. Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management. 2015; 26(1):2–35.
- Al-Alawi AI, Al-Ali FM. Factors affecting e-commerce adoption in SMEs in the GCC: An empirical study of Kuwait. Research Journal of Information Technology. 2015; 7(1):1–21.
- Al-Bakri AA, Katsioloudes MI. The factors affecting e-commerce adoption by Jordanian SMEs. Management Research Review. 2015; 38(7):726–49.
- Awa HO, Awara NF, Lebari ED, Ordoñez De Pablos P. Critical factors inhibiting Electronic Commerce (EC) adoption in Nigeria: A study of operators of SMEs. Journal of Science and Technology Policy Management. 2015; 6(2):143–64.
- Maryeni YY, Govindaraju R, Prihartono B, Sudirman I. E-commerce adoption by Indonesian SMEs. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences. 2014 Aug; 8(14):45–9.
- Hajli N, Sims J, Shanmugam M, Irani Z, Irani Z. A practical model for e-commerce adoption in Iran. Journal of Enterprise Information Management. 2014; 27(6):719–730.
- Qadri DWG. Strategic framework for a successful e-commerce in Palestine. An-Najah National University; 2013.
- Alam SS, Ali MY, Jani MFM. An empirical study of factors affecting electronic commerce adoption among SMEs in Malaysia. Journal of Business Economics and Management. 2011 Jun; 12(2):375–99.
- Rahayu R, Day J. Determinant factors of e-commerce adoption by SMEs in developing country: evidence from Indonesia. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2015 Jul; 195:142–50.
- Apulu I, Latham A, Moreton R. Factors affecting the effective utilisation and adoption of sophisticated ICT solutions: Case studies of SMEs in Lagos, Nigeria. Journal of Systems and Information Technology. 2011; 13(2):125–43.
- Irefin I, Abdul-Azeez I, Tijani A. An investigative study of the factors affecting the adoption of information and communication technology in small and medium scale enterprises in Nigeria. Australian Journal of Business and Management Research. 2012 May; 2(02):1–9.
- Faloye DO. The adoption of e-commerce in small businesses: An empirical evidence from retail sector in Nigeria. JBRMR. 2014 Apr; 8(2):54–64.
- PCBS. Manual of statistical indicators provided by palestinian central bureau of statistics. Ramallah-Palestine; 2015 Oct.
- Ayyash MM. An information system model for trust in e-government initiative adoption in palestinian public sector. Faculty of information science and technology - University Kebangsaan Malaysia; 2013.
- Tornatzky L, Fleischer M. The processes of technological innovation. Lexington, MA: Lexington Books; 1990.
- Rogers EM. Diffusion of innovations. 4th ed. New York: Simon and Schuster; 1995.
- Zhai C, Liu H. Factors affecting SMEs adoption decision of B2B e-marketplace: A case study in China. 2013 10th International Conference on Service Systems and Service Management (ICSSSM); 2013 Jul. p. 262–6.
- Sila I. Factors affecting the adoption of B2B e-commerce technologies. Electronic Commerce Research. 2013 May; 13(2):199–236.
- Hair JF, Black WC, Babin BJ, Anderson RE, Tatham RL. Multivariate data analysis. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall; 2006.
- Gefen D, Straub D, Boudreau M-C. Structural equation modeling and regression: Guidelines for research practice. Communications of the Association for Information Systems. 2000 Oct; 4:1–77.
- Jum CN. Psychometric theory. 3rd ed. New York: McGraw-Hill; 1994.
- Kline RB. Principles and practice of structural equation modelling. 2nd ed. New York: Guilford Press; 2005.
- Kline RB. Principle and practice of structural equation modeling. 3 ed. New York, NY: The Guilford Press; 2011.
- Saffu K, Walker JH, Mazurek M. Perceived strategic value and e-commerce adoption among SMEs in Slovakia. Journal of Internet Commerce. 2012 Feb; 11(1):1–23.
- Ramdani B, Chevers D, Williams DA. SMEs' adoption of enterprise applications: A technology-organisation-environment model. Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development. 2013; 20(4):735–53.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.