Total views : 391
Recent Approaches for VoIP Steganography
Background/Objectives: With the development of data communication, it is essential to find a way to keep the important and secret data during transmission through the internet or mobile communications. Steganography is the most popular technique that is used in information hiding. In steganography, the secret information is embedded inside a cover file or carrier without effect on the quality of that cover file. The carriers used in steganography can be classified into two types: A static digital carrier such as text, image, audio and video files that are applied in digital steganography, and instant or dynamic carrier like an audio stream or network protocol called network steganography. Network steganography is a relatively modern trend in information hiding. It utilizes the development in network functionality and services to convey the secret data. Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is the most common service that is adoptedby researchers in respect to information hiding. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This paper presents a brief review of features, classification and recently proposed network steganography technique. Findings: Many efforts nowadays are exerted to develop the LSBVoIP techniques and adopting other techniques along with LSB to improve the steganography efficiency regarding hiding capacity and imperceptibly.
Audio Codec, G.711, LSB, Steganography, VoIP.
- Wei Z, Zhao B, Liu B, Su J, Xu L, Xu E. A novel steganography approach for voice over IP. Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing. 2014 Aug; 5(4):601–10.
- Roy S, Venkateswaran P. A text based steganography technique with indian root. Procedia Technology. 2013 Dec; 10:167–71.
- Kingslin S, Kavitha N. Evaluative approach towards text steganographic techniques. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Nov; 8(29):1–8.
- Hemalatha S, Acharya UD, Renuka A, Kamath PR. A secure and high capacity image steganography technique. Signal and Image Processing: An International Journal (SIPIJ). 2013 Feb; 4(1):83–9.
- Somassoundaram T, Subramaniam N. High capacity image steganography using secret key for medical information. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(3):1–5.
- Kar DC, Mulkey CJ. A multi-threshold based audio steganography scheme. Journal of Information Security and Applications. 2015 Aug; 23:54–67.
- Shahadi HI, Jidin R, Way WH. Lossless audio steganography based on lifting wavelet transform and dynamic stego key. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Mar; 7(3):323–34.
- Ramalingam M, Isa NAM. Video steganography based on integer haar wavelet transforms for secured data transfer. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jul; 7(7):897–904.
- Mazurczyk W. VoIP steganography and its detection- A survey. ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR). 2013 Nov; 46(2):1–21.
- Mazurczyk W, Wendzel S, Villares IA, Szczypiorski K. On importance of steganographic cost for network steganography. Security and Communication Networks. 2016 May; 9(8):781–90.
- Kraetzer C, Dittmann J, Vogel T, Hillert R. Design and evaluation of steganography for voice-over-IP. Proceedings 2006 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems; 2006 May.
- Wang C, Wu Q. Information hiding in real-time VoIP streams. 2007 9th IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia, 2007 ISM; 2007 Dec. p. 255–62.
- Huang Y, Xiao B, Xiao H . Implementation of covert communication based on steganography. 2008 IIHMSP'08 International Conference on Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing; 2008 Aug. p. 1512–5.
- Tian H, Zhou K, Huang Y, Feng D, Liu J. A covert communication model based on least significant bits steganography in voice over IP. The 9th International Conference for Young Computer Scientists; 2008 Nov. p. 647–52.
- Tian H, Zhou K, Jiang H, Huang Y, Liu J, Feng D. An adaptive steganography scheme for voice over IP. 2009 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, 2009 ISCAS; 2009 May. p. 2922–5.
- Tian H, Zhou K, Jiang H, Liu J, Huang Y, Feng D. An m-sequence based steganography model for voice over IP. IEEE International Conference on Communications, 2009 ICC'09; 2009 Jun. p. 1–5.
- Xu T, Yang Z. Simple and effective speech steganography in G. 723.1 low-rate codes. 2009 International Conference on Wireless Communications and Signal Processing; 2009 Nov. p. 1–4.
- Ito A, Abe S, Suzuki Y. Information hiding for G.711 speech based on substitution of least significant bits and estimation of tolerable distortion. 2009 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing; 2009 Apr. p. 1409–12.
- Aoki N. A band extension technique for G.711 speech using steganography. IEICE transactions on communications. 2006 Jun; 89(6):1896–8.
- Miao R, Huang Y. An approach of covert communication based on the adaptive steganography scheme on voice over IP. 2011 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC); 2011 Jun. p. 1–5.
- Tian H, Jiang H, Zhou K, Feng D. Adaptive partial-matching steganography for voice over IP using triple M sequences. Computer Communications. 2011 Dec; 34(18):2236–47.
- Tang S, Jiang Y, Zhang L, Zhou Z. Audio steganography with AES for real-time covert voice over internet protocol communications. Science China Information Sciences. 2014 Feb; 57(3):1–14.
- Hui T, Jie Q, Shuting G, Yongfeng H, Jin L, Tian W. Improved adaptive partial-matching steganography for voice over IP. Computer Communications. 2015 Oct; 70(C):95–108.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.