Total views : 208
A Novel Weighted Class based Clustering for Medical Diagnostic Interface
Background/Objectives: Medical Decision Support System (MDSS) is a diagnostic interface which provides computer assisted information retrieval as well as may support excellence decision making, to stay away from human error. Even if human decision-making is frequently most advantageous, but it is poor when there are vast amounts of data to be classified. Also capability and accuracy of decisions will decrease when humans are set into pressure and massive work. Forever there is a need and scope for a better MDSS. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Cluster analysis is a method of grouping of objects keen on different groups, has proved to be a valuable tool for identifying co-expressed genes, biologically related groupings of genes and patterns. K-means, Hierarchical and Fuzzy c-means are various clustering techniques have been employed to work as core part of MDSS. Findings: Proposed Weighted Class Based Clustering (WCBC) method is dependent on classifying properties of medical data itself. Weights are calculated on the basis of class value consequently increases separability by placing more number of instances of same class in same cluster. In this paper, the clustering algorithms K-means, Hierarchical, Fuzzy and Weighted Class based K-Means are examined for medical domains. Our finding is that on medical domains the Proposed Weighted Class Based Clustering outperforms others. Application/Improvements: The application of Proposed Weighted Class Based Clustering on medical datasets gave an insight into predictive ability of Machine Learning in medical diagnosis and there is a wide liberty that proposed approach can be used in RBF Neural Network for center calculation and data base Kernel Learning which is open area of research these days.
Clustering, Fuzzy, Hierarchical, K-Means, MDSS, Weighted Class Based Clustering.
- Berner ES, editor. Clinical decision support systems. New York, NY: Springer; 2007.
- Finlay PN. Introducing decision support systems. Cambridge, MA: Blackwell Publishers; 1994.
- Miller R. Medical diagnostic decision support systems– past, present, and future. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association. 1994 Jan-Feb; 1(1):8–27.
- Research. 2001; 47(1-2).
- Pujaria AK, Rajesha K, Reddy DS. Clustering techniques in data mining- A survey. IETE Journal of Godara S, Singh R. Evaluation of predictive machine learning techniques as expert systems in medical diagnosis. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 910.
- Bagirov AM, Mardaneh K. Modified global k-means algorithm for clustering in gene expression data sets. Workshop on Intelligent Systems for Bioinformatics (WISB2006); Hobart, Australia. 2006.
- Kaur SP, Sharma M. Radially optimized zone-divided energy-aware Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN) protocol using BA (Bat Algorithm). IETE Journal of Research. 2015; 61(2).
- Awad M, Pomares H, Rojas I. Enhanced clustering technique in RBF neural network for function approximation. Mathematical and Computer Modelling. 2012 Feb; 55(3-4):286–302.
- Siddiqui FU, Isa NAM. Enhanced Moving K-Means (EMKM) algorithm for image segmentation. IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics. 2011 May; 57(2):833–41.
- Su M, Chou C. A modified version of the K-Means algorithm with a distance based on cluster symmetry. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. 2001 Jun; 23(6):674–80.
- Kanungo T, Mount DM, Netanyahu NS, Piatko CD, Silverman R, Wu AY. An efficientk-mean clustering algorithm: Analysisan implementation. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. 2002 Jul; 24(7):881–91.
- Li DC, Liu CW. A class possibility based kernel to increase classification accuracy for small data sets using support vector machines. Expert Systems with Applications. 2010 Apr; 37(4):3104–10.
- Wang L, Bo L, Jiao L. A modified k-means clustering with a density-sensitive distance metric. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg. RSKT- LNAI. 2006; 4062:544–51.
- Shrimali V, Anand RS, Kumar V. Comparing the performance of ultrasonic liver image enhancement techniques: a preference study. IETE Journal of Research. 2010; 56(1).
- Venu N, Anuradha B. Multil-kernels integration for FCM algorithm for medical image segmentation using histogram analasis. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(34).
- Nithya NS, DuraiswamyK. Gain ratio based fuzzy weighted association rule mining classifier for medical diagnostic interface. Indian Academy of Sciences. 2014 Feb; 39(1):39–52.
- Dong S, Zhous D, Ding W, Gong J. Flow cluster algorithm based on improved k-means method. IETE Journal of Research. 2013 Jul-Aug; 59(4).
- Balajia GN, Subashinib TS, Chidambaramc N. Detection of heart muscle damage from automated analysis of echocardiogram video. IETE Journal of Research. 2015; 61(3).
- Palaniappana R, Sundaraja K, Ahameda NU, Arjunana A, Sundaraj S. Computer-based respiratory sound analysis: A systematic review. IETE Technical Review. 2013; 30(3).
- Malliga L, Bommanna RK. A novel content based medical image retrieval technique with aid of modified fuzzy c-means. Journal of Medical Imaging and Health Informatics. 2016 Jun; 6(3):700–9.
- Puyalnithi T, Viswanatham VM. Preliminary cardiac disease risk prediction based on medical and behavioural data set using supervised machine learning techniques. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(31).
- Zolfagharifar, Ahad S, Karamizadeh F. Developing a hybrid intelligent classifier by using evolutionary learning (genetic algorithm and decision tree). Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(20).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.