Total views : 92
Fuel Cell Power Conversion Enhancement using Fuzzy Based Soft Computing Technique
Objectives: The aim of this paper is to minimize power losses of device used for power conversion by new converter topology with the fuel conversion is taken as a distributed generator. Methods/Statistical Analysis: A set of soft-switching techniques is suggested for a full-bridge forward topology. A special modulation sequence is improved to reduce conduction loss whereas upholding soft switching characteristics in a MOSFETs and soft transitions in output rectifiers. Lastly to decrease conduction losses of a devices owing to its fast acting nature and stable operation by fuzzy controller. Findings: In this paper, we have tried to delineate minimization of conduction losses using fuzzy based controller for new converter topology. It will enhance conversion efficiency and voltage regulation. The transformer used to reduce stress on diodes in rectifier and to diminish the circulating currents. The proposed modifications showed an significant efficiency gain under certain operating circumstance. For instance, an efficiency gain of 3%-4% in a power converter with an overall efficiency of 90% provides an enhancement close to a 30%-40% in the thermal management of the power stage and it allows the uses of low cost power semiconductors and Heatsinks. This can be deliberated as an exceptional development to power density and cost of power conversion stage, where as maintaining the simplicity of a full-bridge topology. In addition to, efficiency gains resulted in the increase of fuel savings under operating circumstance by retaining proposed soft-switching techniques. Application/Improvements: The fuel cell applications hold numerous topology and it has a group of DC converters and AC inverters and which are essentially used in fuel cell systems for portable or stand-alone applications.
Fuel Cells (FC), Fuzzy, Power Conversion Enhancement, Soft Computing Technique, Voltage Regulation.
- Pradeep M, Senthil Kumar M, Sathiskumar S, Hakkim Raja S. Interleave Isolated Boost Converter as a Front End Converter for Solar/Fuel Cell Application to Attain Maximum Voltage in MATLAB. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(16). CrossRef.
- Hatem Allagui, Dhia Mzoughi, Arafet Bouaicha, Adelkader Mami. Modeling and Simulation of 1.2 kW Nexa PEM Fuel Cell System. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(9). CrossRef.
- Vishnu Agarwal, PreetamVerma, Anil Kumar Mathur, Ankur Singh, Dhirendra Kumar, Varun Kumar Yadav. Design and Fabrication of Microbial Fuel Cell for Generation of Electricity. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2011 Mar; 4(3). CrossRef.
- Raju Babu Y, Linga Reddy P. A Three-Phase Grid-Connected Fuel Cell System based on a Boost-Inverter. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(23).CrossRef.
- Behnam Barzegar. Fuzzy Logic Controller for Traffic Signal Controller Unit System and Modeling with Colored Petri Net. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2011 Nov; 4(11). CrossRef.
- Sadegh Aminifar, Arjuna Bin Marzuki. Voltage-mode Fuzzy Logic Controller. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012 Nov; 5(11). CrossRef.
- DyuthiVarsha R, NarasimhaRao D. An Application of Fuzzy Logic Controller Renewable Energy Storage System. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Aug; 9(32). CrossRef.
- Eason G, Noble B, Sneddon IN. On certain integrals of Lipschitz-Hankel type involving products of Bessel functions, Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. 1955 Apr; 247(935):529-51. CrossRef.
- Maxwell JC. Oxford: Clarendon: A Treatise on Electricity and Magnetism, 3rd ed. 1892; 2:68-73.
- Jacobs IS, Bean CP. New York: Academic: Fine particles, thin films and exchange anisotropy, in Magnetism, G.T. Rado and H. Suhl, Eds. 1963; 3:271-350.
- Elissa K. Title of paper if known, unpublished. 2011.
- Nicole R. Title of paper with only first word capitalized. J. Name Stand. Abbrev., in press. 2007.
- Sabate JA, Vlatkovic V, Ridley RB, Lee FC, Cho BH. Design considerations for high-voltage high-power full-bridge zero voltage switched PWM converter. Proceedings of IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition. 1990; p. 275-84.
- Vlatkovic V, Sabate JA, Ridley RB, Lee FC, Cho BH. Smallsignalanalysis of the phase-shifted PWM converter. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 1992 Jan; 1(1):128-35. CrossRef.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.