Total views : 169
nA Robust and Secure Lightweight Authentication for the Limited Resource Wireless Ad-hoc Network
Objectives: The proposed security model is specifically designed to increase the level of the security by implementing the node integrity verification and data encryption service over the wireless ad-hoc networks. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The proposed security and authentication model has been defined using the 8 bytes to 16 bytes length based variable key length authentication scheme, which is difficult to predict and cryptanalysis attacks, as there is no uniform mechanism to perform the cryptanalysis attack over the authentication data during the exchange or propagation in the wireless ad-hoc networks. Findings: In this paper, we have proposed the public cryptosystem based encryption for light and secure authentication scheme, which utilizes the RSA encryption as the public cryptosystems. The proposed security and authentication model has been deeply analyzed to protect against the variety of attacks using the primary parameter of authentication delay and data loss. This model has been analyzed over the three primary attacks for the resource jamming, which includes the Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS), selective jamming, and black hole attacks for the data dropping and jamming attacks. The proposed authentication and security model for wireless ad-hoc routing has been analyzed for its performance on the basis of the specific performance parameters. The robust and flexible performance of security and authentication based proposed model has been deeply observed from the versatile results obtained from the all paradigms of the simulation. Application/Improvements: The light weight and robust authentication based security mechanism has been proposed for the higher order suitability to serve the specific purpose of security against the attacks over the wireless networks.
Ad-Hoc Network Security, Attack Prevention, Cryptanalysis Attacks, Jamming, Light Authentication.
- Agrawal R, Tripathi R, Tiwari S. Performance evaluation and comparison of AODV and DSR under adversarial environment.Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Systems; India. 2011.
- Anuj K, Gupta G, Sadawarti H. Performance analysis of AODV, DSR and TORA Routing Protocol. IACSIT. 2010; 2(2):226-31.
- Bala A, Bansal M, Singh J. Performance analysis of MANET under black hole attack. ICNC; India. 2009. p. 141-5.
- Chandramouli R, Iorga M, Chokhani S. Cryptographic key management issues and challenges in cloud services computer security division information technology laboratory.NIST; 2013. p. 1-36.
- Chen L, Tang H, Wang J. Analysis of VANET security based on routing protocol information. 4th International Conference on Intelligent Control and Information Processing (ICICIP); Beijing, China. 2013. p. 134-8.
- Damgard I, Thomas P, Jakobsen J, Nielsen JB, Jakob I, Pagter P. Secure key management in the cloud cryptography and coding. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 2013; 8306:270-89.
- Ehsan H, Aslam Khan F. Malicious AODV: Implementation and analysis of routing attacks in MANETs. Proceedings of IEEE 11th International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications; 2012.
- Fuad A, Ghaleb M, FauziIsnin ARI. Security and privacy enhancement in VANETs using mobility pattern. IEEE 5th International Conference on Ubiquitous and Future Networks (ICUFN); Malaysia. 2013.
- Zayandehroodi H, Hamzehbabaei, Eslami M. Optimization of energy consumption in cooperative wireless network using quadratic programming. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35):1-7.
- Hung CC, Chan H, Wu EHK. Mobility pattern aware routing for heterogeneous vehicular networks. IEEE WCNC; 2008.
- Govindarajan J, Devi GA, Kousalya G. Analysis of TCPunfairness from MAC layer perspective in wireless ad-hoc networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(18):1-8.
- Jacob J. Performance analysis and enhancement of routing protocol in manetvol. IJMER. 2012; 2(2):323-8.
- Joao A, Dias D, Joao N, Isento I, Vasco NGJ, Soares S, Farahmand F, Joel JPC. Rodrigues test bed-based performance evaluation of routing protocols for vehicular delay-tolerant networks. IEEE. USA. 2011.
- Khabazian M, Ali MKM. A performance modeling of Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANETs). IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC); 2007.
- Khiavi1 MV, Jamali S, Gudakahriz SJ. Performance comparison of AODV, DSDV, DSR and TORA routing protocols in MANETs. International Research Journal of Applied and Basic Sciences. 2012; 3(7):1429-36.
- Kuppusamy P, Thirunavukkarasu K. A study and comparison of OLSR, AODV and TORA routing protocols in ad hoc networks. India. 2011. p. 143-7.
- Lamyaa MT, Harb M, Tantawy T, Elsoudani M. Performance of mobile ad hoc networks under attack. International Conference on Computer Applications Technology (ICCAT); 2013. p. 1201-6.
- Morshed MDM, Islam MDR. CBSRP: Cluster based secure routing protocol. IACC. 2013; 3(2):571-6.
- Muhammad A, Javed J, Jamil Y, Khan K. A geo-casting technique in an IEEE 802.11p based Vehicular Ad hoc Network for Road Traffic Management. Australasian Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference (ATNAC); Australia. 2010.
- Ramya P, Gopalakrishnan V. An efficient timer based minimum path D-equivalence CDS construction for wireless adhoc networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015 Apr; 8(S7):1-9.
- Park GY, Kim H, Jeong, Youn HY. A novel cluster head selection method based on K-means algorithm for energy efficient wireless sensor network. 27th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops (WAINA); South Korea. 2013. p.910-5.
- Seuwou P, Patel D, Protheroe D, Ubakanma G. Effective Security as an ill-defined problem in Vehicular Ad hoc Networks (VANETs). IET and ITS Conference on Road Transport Information and Control (RTIC 2012); UK.2012.
- Sheng L, Shao J, Ding J. A novel energy-efficient approach to DSR based routing protocol for ad hoc network.Proceedings of the International Conference on Electrical and Control Engineering; 2010.
- Suganthi N, Sumathy V. Energy efficient key management scheme for wireless adhoc network. Int J Comput Commun. 2014; 9(1):71-8.
- Sumra IS, Hasbullah H, MohsanIftikhar JA, Ahmad I, Mohammed Y, Aalsalem A. Trust levels in Peer-toPeer (P2P) vehicular network. IEEE 11th International Conference on ITS Telecommunications (ITST); Malaysia.2011.
- Tiloca M, Guglielmo DD, Dini G, Anastasi G. SAD-SJ: A self-adaptive decentralized solution against selective jamming attack in wireless adhoc network. ETFA. 2013; 18(1):1-8.
- Tuteja A. Comparative performance analysis of DSDV, AODV and DSR routing protocols in MANET using NS2.ICACE. 2010; 330-3.
- Yadav S, Lakhani K. A cluster based technique for securing routing protocol AODV against black-hole attack in MANET. International Journal of Distributed and Parallel Systems. 2013; 4(2):17.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.