Total views : 231
IBCAST: An Intelligent Broadcasting Technique for Efficient Bandwidth Utilization in Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks
Objectives: To propose a new Data Dissemination Technique that intelligently works for finding the Best forwarding node. By using this forwarding Technique, the effective utilization of Bandwidth is achieved. Methods/Analysis: The Link Expiration Time and the Distance Rate is calculated between two vehicles within a Transmission Range. Node having the minimum Link Expiration Time is chosen as the next forwarder. Findings: Number of Redundant Transmission is reduced and the Bandwidth is efficiently utilized in Vehicular Ad hoc NETworks (VANETs). Conclusion/Application: This paper proposes an Intelligent Broadcasting Technique which involves selecting best Forwarder node. Thus it reduces the number of redundant transmission and utilizes the Bandwidth efficiently.
Data Dissemination, Link Expiration Time, Relay, VANET, V2V.
- Singh G, Saini D, Rishi R, Rohil H. Role of Link expiration time to make reliable link between the nodes in MANETs: A Review. 2016; 11(7):5321–5.
- Fly P, Meghanathan N. Predicted Link Expiration Time Based Connected Dominating Sets for Mobile Ad hoc Networks. International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering. 2010; 2(6):2096–103.
- Bakhouya M, Gaber J, Lorenz P. An adaptive approach for information dissemination in Vehicular Adhoc Networks. Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 2011; (34):1971–8.
- Wei-Jie G, Liu-Sheng H, Quan S, Hong-Li X, Hao- Ran Z. Delay-aware reliable broadcast scheme based on power control for VANETs. The Journal of China Universities of Posts and Telecommunications. 2014; 21(1):26–35.
- Rehman OMH, Ould-Khaoua M, Bourdoucen H. Link quality estimation in VANETs for multi-hop alert messages dissemination. Int J Communication Networks and Distributed Systems. 2015; 15(4):313–35.
- Wang C-F, Chiou Y-P, Liaw G-H. Nexthop selection mechanism for nodes with heterogeneous transmission range in VANETs. Journal of Computer Communications, Issue C. 2015; 55:22–31.
- Malik A, Pandey B. Performance Analysis of Various Data Collection Schemes used in VANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(15). Doi: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i15/54604.
- Chandramohan K, Kamalakkannan P. An Efficient Neighbour Discovery and Aloha based Collision Detection and Correction in VANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35). Doi:10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i35/79955.
- Nithya Darisini PS, Santhiya Kumari N. Geo-Reactive: An Efficient and Reliable Hybrid Routing Protocol for VANETs. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(27). Doi:10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i27/79306.
- Rahim A, Muhaya FB, Sher M, Khan ZS, Ahmad I. Performance Evaluation of Broadcast Techniques in VANETs. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2009 Oct; 2(10). Doi:10.17485/ijst/2009/v2i10/30721.
- Mary Valantina G, Jayashri S. Link Stability Based Hop By Hop Multi cast Protocol For Vanets. Indian Journal of Computer Science and Engineering. 2014; 5(2):97–100.
- Dua A, Kumar N, Bawa S, Rodrigues JJPC. An Intelligent Context-aware Congestion Resolution Protocol for Data Dissemination in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks. Mobile Networks and Applications. 20(2):181–200.
- Thenral B, Thirunadana Sikamani K. Enhancing Link Stability of Multicast Routing Protocol (ELSMRP) In Wireless Mesh Networks. International Journal of Advances in Engineering and Technology. 2015; 8(3):432–41.
- Masood-ur-Rehman, Bin Hasbullah H, Somro IA. Enhanced Adjustable Parameter Based Information Dissemination Model (eAPIM) for VANET. Computer Science Journal. 2011; 1(1):52–64.
- Achour I, Bejaoui T, Busson A, Tabbane S. SEAD: A simple and efficient adaptive data dissemination protocol in vehicular ad-hoc networks. Wireless Networks. 2016; 22(5):1673–83.
- Ahmed I, Tepe KE, Singh BK. Reliable Coverage Area Based Link Expiration Time (LET) Routing Metric for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. First International Conference. 2010. p. 466–76.
- Singh G, Saini D, Rishi R, Rohil H. Role of Link expiration time to make reliable link between the nodes in MANETs: A Review. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2016; 11(7):5321–5.
- Subina Khan SS, Phillip A, Joseph A, Paniker A. Analysis of Path Duration in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks using B MFR Protocol. International Journal of Multidisciplinary and Current Research. 2015; 3:1155–61.
- Kasana R, Kumar S. Multimetric Next Hop Vehicle Selection for Geocasting in Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks. IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Technology. 2015; 400–5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.