Total views : 241
Computational Analysis on Performance of Heat Sink with Different Configurations of Fins Array
Objectives: The aim of present work is to find out the thermal performance of solid and perforated heat sink with various perforated designs (Rectangular, Circular and Slotted). Methods/Statistical Analysis: The CFD analysis was performed to investigate the thermal performance of different perforation design. The test has been conducted in a horizontal rectangular duct equipped with forced draft fan. The data was obtained by varying flow velocities of air from 2, 5 and 8m/sec and maintaining constant heat input 100 Watt taken over a period of time. Findings: In this computational analysis we calculate the Heat transfer coefficient, Reynolds number and Nusselt number and obtain the result. The results show the heat transfer coefficient is more in circular perforated fin as well as more Nusselt number as compared to slotted and rectangular Perforation. Application/Improvements: Electrical component, higher-power lasers, refrigerator, air condition, Computers etc.
Air, Heat Source, Heat Sink, Wind Tunnel.
- Dhanawade KH, Sunnapwar VK, Dhanawade HS. Thermal analysis of square and circular perforated arrays by forced convection. International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Sciences. 2014 Feb; 2:109–14.
- Ehteshum M, Ali M, Islam Q, Tabassum M. Thermal and hydraulic performance analysis of rectangular fin arrays with perforation size and number. Procedia Engineering. 2015 Jun; 105:184–91.
- Wanjoo Y, Jinkim S. Comparision of thermal performance between plate-fin and pin-fi heat sinks in natural convection. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2015; 83:345–56.
- Shaeri MR. Heat transfer analysis of lateral perforated fin heat sinks. Applied Energy. 2009 Oct; 86(10):2019–29.
- AbdulRazzaq WH. Enhacment of natural convection heat transfer from rectangular fins by circular perforations. International Journal of Automotive and Mechanical Engineering. 2011 Jul–Dec; 4:428–36.
- Moghaddam AJ, Saedodin S. Entropy generation minimization of pin fin heat sinks by means of metaheuristic methods. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Jul; 6(7):1–8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.