Total views : 198
SPM Supression in Long Haul CO-OFDM System using SPWR-OPC Modules
Objective: The main aim of this research paper is to enhance the reach of Long-haul Coherent Optical Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (CO-OFDM) communication system. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The purpose of SPWR and OPC in CO-OFDM system is to palliate dispersion and (Non-linearity) SPM respectively. In this proposed system Symmetrical Pulse Width Reduction (SPWR) and Optical Phase Conjugate modules (OPC) are used. The CO-OFDM system is investigated to compensate SPM by using up to 6 OPCs. Findings: While analyzing results it reveals that with the increase in the number of OPCs up to 6 enhances the transmission distance of CO-OFDM system and improves the Bit Error Rate (BER) performance but if increased beyond 6 OPCs deteriorates its performance. When using six OPCs in comparison to a single OPC, the system reach extends six times. Application/Improvement: The proposed system is simulation based and in future can be implemented commercially in Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) and real-time audio and video communication.
Coherent Optical Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing, Optical Phase Conjugate, Self Phase Modulation, Symmetrical Pulse Width Reduction.
- Simmons SAA. Technology and architecture to enable the explosive growth of the internet. IEEE Communications Magazine. 2011 Jan; 49(1):126–32.
- Shieh W. OFDM for flexible high-speed optical networks. Journal of Lightwave Technology. 2011 May; 29(10):1560–77.
- Winzer PJ, Essiambre RJ. Advanced optical modulation formats. IEEE Proceedings. 2006 May; 94(5):952–85.
- Morteza S. Compensation of nonlinearity impairments in coherent optical OFDM systems using multiple Optical Phase Conjugate modules. IEEE Optical Communication. 2014 Jun; 6(6):549–58.
- Gordon JP, Mollenauer LF. Phase noise in photonic communications systems using linear amplifiers. Optics Letters. 1990 Dec; 15(23):1351–3.
- Lina G, Xiangye Z. Self-phase modulation compensation in optical OFDM System based on wavelet. Conference on Photonics and Optoelectronics (SOPO); Shanghai. 2012 May. p. 1–4.
- Du LB, Morshed MM. Fiber nonlinearity compensation for OFDM super-channels using optical phase conjugation. Optics Express. 2012 Aug; 20(18):19921–7.
- Lowery AJ, Wang S. Calculation of power limit due to fiber nonlinearity in optical OFDM systems. Optics Express. 2007 Oct; 15(20):13282–7.
- Yariv A, Fekete D. Compensation for channel dispersion by nonlinear optical phase conjugation. Optics Letters. 1979 Feb; 4(2):52–4.
- Watanabe S, Shirasaki M. Exact compensation for both Chromatic Dispersion and Kerr effect in a transmission fiber using optical phase conjugation. Journal of Lightwave Technology. 1996 May; 14(3):243–8.
- Stolen RH, Lin C. Self-phase-modulation in silica optical fibers. Physical Review A. 1978; 17(4):1448.
- Bellotti G, Bertaina A. Dependence of self-phase modulation impairments on residual dispersion in 10-Gb/s-based terrestrial transmission using standard fiber. IEEE Photonics Technology Letter. 1999 Jul; 11(7):824–6.
- Reichel S, Zengerle R. Effects of nonlinear dispersion in EDFA’s on optical communication systems. IEEE Journal of Light wave Technology. 1999 Jul; 17(7):1152–7.
- Vinayak N, Gupta A. Comparative analysis of WDM system using cascaded amplifiers in optical wireless channel over a distance of 10000 km. SOP Transactions on Signal Processing. 2014; 1(1):25–32.
- Saini S, Gupta A. Investigation to find optimal modulation format for Low Power Inter-Satellite Optical Wireless Communication (LP-IsOWC). Eleventh International Conference on Wireless and Optical Communication Networks; Vijayavada. 2014 Sep. p. 1–5.
- Sarup V, Gupta A. Performance analysis of an ultra high capacity 1 Tbps DWDM-RoF system for very narrow channel spacing. Eleventh International Conference on Wireless and Optical Communication Networks; 2014. p. 1–5.
- Saini S, Gupta A. Modeling and performance analysis of DWDM based 100 Gbps Low Power Inter-satellite Optical Wireless Communication (LP-IsOWC) System. SOP Transactions on Signal Processing. 2015; 2(1):1–6.
- Gupta A, Kaler RS, Singh H. An inimitable scheduling technique for optical burst switched networks. Optik-International Journal for Light and Electron Optics. 2013 Apr; 124(3):689–92.
- Gupta A, Kaler RS, Singh H. Investigation of OBS assembly technique based on various scheduling techniques for maximizing throughput. Optik-International Journal for Light and Electron Optics. 2013 May; 124(9):840–4.
- Kaur P, Gupta A. Comparative analysis of inter satellite optical wireless channel for NRZ and RZ modulation formats for different levels of input power. Procedia Computer Science. 2015 Aug; 58:572–7.
- Gupta A, Singh H, Kumar J. A novel approach to reduce packet loss in OBS Networks. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012 Nov; 58(3):43–8.
- Surbhi J, Therese BA. Reduction of Four Wave Mixing nonlinearity effect in WDM radio over fiber systems. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(19):1–8.
- Udayakumar P, Khanna V, Saravanan T. Chromatic Dispersion compensation in optical fiber communication system and its simulation. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Jun; 6(6S):1–5.
- Pallavi S, Laksmi M. Performance of optical node for optical burst switching. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(4):383–91.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.