Total views : 249
Prevention of DDOS in Optical Burst Switching using Genetic Algorithm
Objective: The work is undertaken to study the effect of DDoS attack on the Optical Burst Switching environment. Burst switching being the future generation of the optical technology is analyzed for different possibilities and counter measures. In this paper, Genetic Algorithm is applied to overcome the attack. Statistical Analysis: The environment is simulated on MATLAB to get a real time environment response. The number of nodes can be any depending upon criterion. The parameters taken are packet delivery, network error and energy. Findings: It has been observed that during attack value of parameters are packet delivery is 1.1 network error is 3800 and energy is 6500 and after applying Genetic Algorithm the performance of network is improved by packet delivery 9.3 network error 3600 and energy consumption lowered to 6300. Applications: Optical Burst Switching can be used as backbone of the future internet. The tremendously increasing demand of internet users need a strong and fast backbone for data to travel and burst switching satisfies this. In various assessments of potential intrusions in modern networks, the flooding-based DDoS attack takes center stage. Denial of Service (DoS) attacks poses a big threat to any electronic society. But, the main purpose of this paper has been to detect and prevent the DDoS flooding attacks in Optical Burst Switching networks using Genetic Algorithm (GA) and analyze their impact using various metrics like packet deliver, network error and energy consumption. In the end countermeasures against the intrusion have been showed up with and without applying an optimization method.
DDOS, Genetic Algorithm, Optical Burst Switching.
- Wen B, Bhide NM, Shenai RK, Sivalingam KM. Optical wavelength division multiplexing network simulator: Architecture and performance studies. SPIE Optical Networks Magazine. 2001 Sep-Oct; 2(5):16–26.
- Cameron C, Zalesky A, Zukerman M. Prioritized deflection routing in Optical Burst Switching networks. IEICE Institute of Electronics Informations and Communications Engineers Transactions on Communications. 2005 May; E88-B(5):1861–7.
- Kim BC, Cho YZ, Lee JH, Choi YS, Montgomery D. Performance of optical burst switching techniques in multi-hop networks. IEEE 2002 Global Telecommunications Conference GLOBECOM '02; 2002 Nov. p. 2772–6.
- Selvakani S, Rajesh RS. Genetic Algorithm for framing rules for intrusion detection. International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security. 2007 Nov; 7(11):285–90.
- Garg AK, Kaler RS. An efficient scheme for optimizing channel utilization in OBS networks. Optik - International Journal for Light and Electron Optics. 2010 May; 121(9):793–9.
- Garg AK, Kaler RS. Burst dropping policies in Optical Burst Switched network. Optik - International Journal for Light and Electron Optics. 2010 Sep; 121(15):1355–62.
- Klinkowski M, Pedro J, Careglio D, Michal P, Joao P, Monteiro P, Josep SP. An overview of routing methods in Optical Burst Switching networks. Optical Switching and Networking. 2010 Apr; 7(2):41–53.
- Garg AK, Kaler RS. A new flexible and enhancing bandwidth utilization Burst Dropping Technique for an OBS Network. Optik - International Journal for Light and Electron Optics. 2011 Feb; 122(3):225–7.
- Subramanian PS, Muthuraj K. Threats in Optical Burst Switched network. International Journal of Computer Technology. 2011; 2(3):510–4.
- Mangwala M, Ekabua OO. A survey of burst assembly algorithms for Optical Burst Switching (OBS). International Journal of Engineering and Technology Research. 2013 Aug; 1(7):107–15.
- Kaizaki R, Cho K, Nakamura O. Detection Denial of Service attacks using AGURI. International Conference Telecommunications; Beijing, China. 2002 Jan. p. 808–12.
- Peng T, Leckie C, Kotagiri R. Proactively Detecting Distributed Denial of Service attacks using source IP address monitoring. Springer Berlin Heidelberg; 2004 May. p. 771–82.
- Bazek R, Kim H, Rozovskii BL, Tartakovsky A. A novel approach to detection of Denial-of-Service attacks via adaptive sequential and batch-sequential change-point methods. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. 2006 Sep; 54(9):3372–82.
- Sreeja Mole SS, Ganesan L. Detection of Distributed Denial of Service Prevention. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications. 2013 Feb; 3(2):1–3.
- Ming L. An approach to reliably identifying signs of DDOS flood attacks based on LRD traffic pattern recognition. Computers and Security. 2004 Oct; 23(7):549–58.
- Hussain A, Heidemann J, Papadopoulos C. A framework for classifying Denial of Service attacks. Proceedings of the 2003 Conference on Applications, Technologies, Architectures and Protocols for Computer Communications; 2003. p. 99–110.
- Gupta B, Gupta G, Saini DS. BER performance improvement in OFDM system with ZFE and MMSE equalizers. IEEE Communications Letters. 2011Apr; 6:193–7.
- Gesbert D, Shafi M, Shiu DS, Smith PJ, Naguib A. From theory to practice: An overview of MIMO space-time coded wireless systems. Selected Areas in Communications. IEEE Journal. 2003 Apr; 21(3):281–302.
- Jiang M, Hanzo L. Multiuser MIMO-OFDM for next generation wireless systems. Proceedings of IEEE. 2007 Jul; 95(7):1430–69.
- Chen K, Lu J, Yang B, Li Z, Zhang Z. Performance analysis of an OFDM transmission system based on IEEE802.11a. IEEE Communications Letters; 2011 Oct. p. 1–6.
- Ma TM, Shi YS, Wang YG. A low complexity MMSE for OFDM systems over frequency-selective fading channels. IEEE Communications Letters. 2012 Mar; 16(3):304–6.
- Zelst AV, Schenk CW. Implementation of a MIMO OFDM-based wireless LAN system. IEEE Transaction on Signal Processing. 2004 Feb; 52(2):483–94.
- Aggarwal M, Raut Y. BER analysis of MIMO OFDM system for AWGN and Rayleigh Fading Channel. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2011 Nov; 34(9):33–7.
- Pallavi S, Lakshami M. Performance of optical node for Optical Burst Switching. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(4):383–91.
- Kaghed NH, Al–Shamery SE, Al-Khuzaie FEK. Multiple sequence alignment based on developed Genetic Algorithm. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(2):1–7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.