Total views : 255
Suppression of FWM Effects by using Cost Effective Combined DCF and FBG Module
Objectives: The main aim of this research paper is suppression of Four Wave Mixing effect using cost effective combined dispersion compensation fiber and fiber brag grating module. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Four-Wave Mixing (FWM) nonlinearity is observed in this work along with its suppression technique. At high powers, maximum FWM power can be seen and at low power very less nonlinearity. Several FWM degradation schemes proposed so far but they limited in terms of performance and are very expensive such as phase conjugator. Findings: In current work a cost effective FBG in uniform chirping and tanhapodization is used to suppress FWM. Also comparison has been done with single tanhapodized FBG, conventional FBG and combined DCF and FBG module. Application/Improvement: It is realized that, in coming future, use of Broadband amplifier like HOA can be used for the further analysis of this system for C+L band to effect of amplification and dispersion. And work can be further extended to no. of users increased and data rate.
Dispersion Compensation Fiber (DCF), Fiber Brag Grating (FBG), Four-Wave Mixing (FWM).
- Mohammed NA, Solaiman M, Aly MH. Design and performance evaluation of a dispersion compensation unit using several chirping functions in a tanhapodized FBG and comparison with dispersion compensation fiber. Optical Society of America, Applied Optics. 2014; 53(29):239–47.
- Zhu Z, Zhao S, Yao Z, Tan Q, Li Y, Shi X, Zhang X. Optical millimeter-wave signal generation by frequency quadrupling using one dual-drive Mach–Zehnder modulator to overcome chromatic dispersion. Optics Communications. 2012 Jun; 285(13-14):3021–6.
- Bhowmik BB, Gupta S, Gangopadhyay R. Simultaneous demodulation and dispersion compensation of WDM DPSK channels using optical ring resonator. Optics Communications. 2012 Jul; 285(16):3483–6.
- Arora O, Garg A, Punia S. Symmetrical dispersion compensation for high speed optical links. International Journal of Computer Science Issues. 2011 Nov; 8(6):1–6.
- Chen W, Shiyu LI, Peixiang LU, Dongxiang W, Wenyong L. Dispersion compensation optical fibre modules for 40 Gbps WDM communication systems. Frontiers Optoelectronics. 2010 Dec; 3(4):333–8.
- Bo-ning HU, Wei WJW, Zhao RM. Analysis on dispersion compensation with DCF based on optisystem. 2nd International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems; 2010 Jul. p. 40–3.
- Tan Z, Wang Y, Ren W, Liu Y, Li B, Ning T, Jian S. Transmission system over 3000 Km with dispersion compensated by chirped fiber Bragg gratings. Elsevier. 2009 Jan; 120(1):9–13.
- Han YG, Lee SB. Tunable dispersion compensator based on uniform fibre Bragg grating and its application to tunable pulse repetition-rate multiplication. Optical Society of America. 2005 Nov; 13(23):9224–9.
- Vinayak N, Gupta A. Comparative analysis of WDM system using cascaded amplifiers in optical wireless channel over a distance of 10000 Km. SOP Transactions on Signal Processing. 2014; 1(1):25–32.
- Saini S, Gupta A. Investigation to find optimal modulation format for Low Power Inter-satellite Optical Wireless Communication (LP-IsOWC). Eleventh International Conference on Wireless and Optical Communication Networks; 2014 Sep. p. 1–4.
- Saini S, Gupta A. Modeling and performance analysis of DWDM based 100 Gbps Low Power Inter-satellite Optical Wireless Communication (LP-IsOWC) system. SOP Transactions on Signal Processing. 2015; 2(1):1–6.
- Gupta A, Kaler RS, Singh H. An inimitable scheduling technique for optical burst switched networks. Optik-International Journal for Light and Electron Optics. 2013 Apr; 124(8):689–92.
- Gupta A, Kaler RS, Singh H. Investigation of OBS assembly technique based on various scheduling techniques for maximizing throughput. Optik-International Journal for Light and Electron Optics. 2013 May; 124(9):840–4.
- Gupta A, Singh H, Kumar J. A novel approach to reduce packet loss in OBS networks. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012 Nov; 58(3):1–6.
- Hessainiaa S, El-Akrmib S, Trikia H, El-akrmia A. Analysis of fiber Bragg grating with exponential–linear and parabolic taper profiles for dispersion slope compensation in optical fiber links. Optik-International Journal for Light and Electron Optics. 2014 Sep; 125(17):4642–5.
- Zhang J, Shum P, Cheng XP, Ngo NQ, Li SY. Analysis of linearly tapered fiber Bragg grating for dispersion slope compensation. IEEE Photon Technology Letter. 2003; 15:1389–91.
- Udayakumar R, Khanaa V, Saravanan T. Chromatic dispersion compensation in optical fiber communication system and its simulation. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Jun; 6(S6):1–5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.