Total views : 120
Synthesis and Sedimentation Analysis of Magneto Rheological Fluids
Objectives: The aim of this work is that how the MR fluids can be prepared. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This paper highlights on the recent development of MR fluids. In this paper the preparation of MR fluid are described. Base fluid is taken as silicone oil and micron sized iron powder is mixed in it. To reduce the sedimentation White lithium grease is also mixed as an additive in the prepared fluid. Finding: The sedimentation analysis is important aspect in case of MR fluids. The composition of MR fluid samples is taken from the base paper. For the preparation of MR fluids three components are used. These three components are base fluid, metal particles, additives. With different composition of three components three MR fluid samples are prepared. The sedimentation properties are studied by visual inspection. The effects of temperature on the viscosity of the prepared fluid samples are investigated. The viscosity of the MR fluid plays an important role in its working. The viscosity of the MR fluid depends on its composition, more the iron content the viscosity will be higher. At different value of temperatures the value of viscosity is calculated. The effects of temperature on viscosity are observed. Application/Improvements: An electrical stirrer is used for the preparation of the MR Fluids. Magneto rheological fluids are the smart materials whose properties change rapidly and can be controlled easily in the presence of an applied magnetic field.
Electrical Stirrer, Grease, Iron Powder, Sedimentation, Silicone Oil, Viscosity1.
- Yildirim G, Genc S. Experimental Study on Heat Transfer of MR Fluids. Smart Materials and Structures. 2013 Aug; 22 (8):
- Jolly MR, Bender JW,Carlson JD. Properties and Applications of Commercial Magneto Rheological Fluids. Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures. 1999 Jan; 10(1):5–13.
- Rabi now J. Magnetic Fluid Torque and Force Transmitting Device http://www.google.co.in/patents/US2575360. Date Accessed:20/11/1951.
- Genç S. Synthesis and Properties of Magneto Rheological (M R) Fluids. Doctor of Philosophy thesis. University of Pittsburgh; 2002. p.1–183.
- Golden MA, Ulicny JC, Snavely KS, Smith AL. Magneto Rheological Fluids. https://www.google.ch/patents/ US6932917, 23. Aug. 2005
- Phulé PP. Magneto Rheological Fluid. https://www.google.com/patents/US5985168, Nov 16, 1999
- Foister RT. Magneto Rheological Fluids. https://www.google.ch/patents/US5667715, 16 Sep 1997
- Zaman AA, Dutcher CS. Viscosity of Electro statically Stabilized Dispersions of Monodispersed, Bimodal, and Trimodal Silica Particles. Journal of the American Ceramic Society. 2006; 89: 422–430.
- Jolly MR, Bender JW, Carlson JD. Properties and Applications of Commercial Magneto Rheological Fluids. In Proceedings of SPIE 5th International Symposium on Smart Structures and Materials, San Diego, California: 1998.
- Wereley NM, Chaudhuri A, Yoo JH, John S, Kotha S, Suggs A, Radhakrisnan R, Love BJ, Sudarshan TS. Bidisperse Magneto Rheological Fluids using Fe Particles at Nanometer and Micron Scale. Journal of Intelligent Material and Structures. 2006; 17:393–401.
- Mangal SK, Mukul Kataria, Ashwani Kumar. ’Synthesis of Magneto Rheologicalfluids. International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT).2015; 18(3): 2249–8958.
- Approaches for Modeling Magnetic Nanoparticle Dynamics.http:/ www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4183932.Date Accessed:13-7-2015.
- Kamble VG, Shreedhar Kolekar. Analysis of Rheological Properties of MR Fluid based on Variation in Concentration ofIron Particles. American Journal of Nanotechnology.2014;5(2):12–16.
- MR Fluid http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRfluid. Date Accessed: 14-7-15)
- A review on the Magnetorheological Fluid Preparation and Stabilization. http://www.lord.com/portals/o/MR/commercial MR fluid devices. pdf. Date Accessed:6/30/16.
- Charles SW. The Preparation of Magnetic Fluids. Springer Berlin Heidelberg;2002.
- Mazlan SA, Ekreem NB, Olabi AG. The Behavior of Magneto Rheological Fluids in Squeeze Mode. A thesis submitted for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy. 2008 Aug.
- Arun YF, song Y, wan J. Controlling the Optimum Dose of AMPTS Functionalized Magnetite Nanoparticles for Hyperthermia Cancer Therapy. Applied Nanoscience. 2011 Dec;1(4):237–246.
- Sharma G, Kundan L. Experimental Investigation into Thermal Conductivity and Viscosity of Al2 O3 Based Engine Coolant. International Journal of Research in Mechanical Engineering and Technology. 2013 May-Oct; 3(2):184–187.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.