Total views : 218
Power System Stability for the Islanding Operation of Micro Grids
Objectives: A different power sources has been used and integrated in past keeping an objective for futuristic control over demand and integration to provide smart Grid. Methods/Statistical Analysis: New Hybrid model is proposed to enhance performance of micro grid. The method involves a controller with load with simple design procedure with numerical terminology. Considering PV panels, various functions express the irradiation at specified operational temperature like VMP; IMP where in order to reach MPPT value, traditional P&O methods require a few perturbation steps. Finding: In addition, Implementation is also done using Pulse Width modulation in converters while switching for utilizing total voltage in a loop. This technique also improves the voltage regulation with less value of THD. The design will be made on SIMULINK of MATLAB and algorithm codes will be written in editor of MATLAB. The result of hybrid model was found to be quite better than the incremental conductance technique in terms of output voltage magnitude and THD content. Application/Improvements: This paper aims at developing a novel technique based on Meta-heuristic approach for improved performance of MPPT method for solar cells connected to a grid.
Incremental Conductance, Meta-Heuristic, MPPT, P&O, THD.
- Reddy K, Pavankumar P, Rao MVG. Modeling and Simulation of Hybrid Wind Solar Energy System using MPPT. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(23):1-5.
- Dalala, Zakariya M, Zahid Zaka Ullah, Wensong Yu, Cho Y, Lai JS. Design and analysis of an MPPT technique for small-scale wind energy conversion systems. Energy Conversion, IEEE Transaction. 2013 Sep; 28(3):756-67.
- Jain S, Agarwal V. A new algorithm for rapid tracking of approximate maximum power point in PV-Hydro systems. IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics. 2004 Mar; 2:16–19.
- Binayak B, Poudel SR, Lee KT, Ahn SH. Mathematical modeling of hybrid renewable energy system: A review on small hydro-solar-wind power generation. International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing-Green Technology. 2014 Apr; 1(2):157-73.
- Sweeka M, Agnihotri G, Gupta S. Power management strategy for active power sharing in hydro/PV/battery hybrid energy system. Chinese Journal of Engineering. 2013 Oct; 2013:1-7.
- Rama RPVV, Prasanna BK, Palleswari YTR. Modeling and Simulation of Utility Interfaced PV/Hydro Hybrid Electric Power System, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. International Journal of Electrical, Computer, Energetic, Electronic and Communication Engineering. 2014; 8(8):1337-42.
- Jayesh GP, Doolla S. Analysis of PV-hydro isolated power systems. 2013 Annual IEEE India Conference (INDICON). 2013 Dec; p. 1-6.
- Kimball JW, Krein PT. Discrete-time ripple correlation control for maximum power point tracking. IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics. 2008 Sep; 23(5):2353–62.
- Sharma KK, Kaur I, Singh SB. Issues in stability of Micro Grids. International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering and Research. 2016 Jun; 2(6):18-20.
- Sharma KK, Singh B. Distributed Generation - A New Approach. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering and Technology. 2012; 1(8):331- 39.
- Sharma KK, Singh B. Smart Grid- An Indian Perspective. Trends in Electrical Engineering. 2013; 3(3):62-7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.