Total views : 525
A Novel Security Enhanced Decoder Based on XOR Detection for Optical Code Division Multiple Access System Using Multi-Diagonal Code
Objective: The main aim of this research paper is to design a security enhanced decoder based on the XOR logic gate detection technique. Methods/Statistical Analysis: An all optical XOR gate has been designed by using Semiconductor Optical Amplifier (SOA) for the secure transmission in Optical code division multiple access system. Multi Diagonal (MD) code is implemented with all optical logical gate detection using non-linear effects in semiconductor optical amplifiers. To realize the XOR gate, two identical SOAs in MZI structure have been used. Finding: The Non-Return-to-Zero (NRZ) and RZ bit format have been compared and results show that using NRZ bit format the performance is better than RZ bit format and its optimum power comes out to be 0.6mW. A new design of Multi-diagonal code has been proposed by using all optical logical gate detection considering nonlinear effects in SOA. The design has successfully worked at Bit Error Rate (BER) 8.77×10-09. Application/Improvements: This design having decoder based on XOR logic gate utilizing the Multi-diagonal code will have wide applications in military for the secure transmission of data.
Cross Gain Modulation, Cross Phase Modulation.
- Ratnam J. Optical CDMA in broadband communication-scope and applications. Journal of Optics Communication. 2002 Feb; 23(1):11–21.
- Salehi JA. Code division multiple-access techniques in optical fiber networks. Part 1: Fundamental principles. IEEE Transaction Communication. 1989 Aug; 37(8):824-33.
- Agrawal GP. Fiber-Optic Communication Systems, 3rd edition. Wiley-Inter-science: USA, 2002.
- Kim JY, Kang JM, Kim TY, Kook S. All-optical multiple logic gates with XOR, NOR, OR, and NAND functions using parallel SOA-MZI structures: theory and experiment. IEEE, Journal of Light Wave Technology. 2006 Sep; 24(9):3392-99.
- Dimitriadou E, Zoiros KE. Proposal for all-optical NOR gate using single quantum-dot semiconductor optical amplifier-based Mach–Zehnder interferometer. Optics Communications. 2012 Apr; 285(7):1710-16.
- Wang G, Yang X, Hu W. All-optical logic gates for 40 Gb/s NRZ signals using complementary data in SOA-MZIs. Optics Communications. 2013 Mar; 290:28-32.
- Stubkjaer KE. Semiconductor Optical amplifier-based all-optical gates for high-speed optical processing. IEEE Journal of selected Topics in Quantum Electronics. 2000 Nov-Dec; 6(6):1428-35.
- Kim JH, Kim YI, Byun YT, Jhon YM, Lee S, Kim SH, Woo DH. All-optical logic gates using semiconductor optical-amplier-based devices and their applications. Journal of the Korean Physical Society, 2004 Nov; 45(5):1158-61.
- Sahafi M, Rostami A, Sahafi A. All-optical high speed logic gates using SOA. Optics Communications. 2012 May; 285(9):2289-92.
- Tanay Chattopadhyay, Claudia Reis, Paulo Andre, Antonio Teixeira. Theoretical analysis of all-optical clocked D flip-flop using a single SOA assisted symmetric MZI. Optical Communication. 2012 May; 285(9):2266-75.
- Wang J, Sun J, Sun Q. Single-PPLN-based simultaneous half adder, half-subtracter, and OR logic gate: proposal and simulation. Optical Express. 2007 Feb; 15(4):1-10.
- Lovekesh SS. Ultrahigh speed optical signal processing logic based on an SOA-MZI. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics. 2012 Mar-Apr; 18(2):970-77.
- Bhambri K, Gupta N. Implementation of all-optical AND & OR gates using SOA. Journal of Information Systems and Communication. 2012 Mar; 3(2):371-74.
- Shake TH. Security performance of Optical CDMA against Eavesdropping. Journal of Light wave Technology. 2005 Feb; 23(2):655-70.
- Ishizaka Y, Kawaguchi Y, Saitoh J, Koshiba M. Design of ultra compact all-optical XOR and AND logic gates with low power consumption. Optics Communication. 2011 Jul; 284(14):3528-33.
- Hussein T, Aljunid ASA, Fadhil H A, Junita M N, Sadd N M. Modelling and Simulation of a 1.6tb/s optical system based on Multi Diagonal code and optical code division multiple access. Ukrainian Journal of Physical Optics. 2012 Jan; 13(2):54-66.
- Dutta NK, Wang Q. Semiconductor Optical Amplifier. World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd, 2006.
- Agarwal GP. Applications of Nonlinear Fiber Optics. Academic Press: San Diego, CA. 2001.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.