Total views : 183
Investigation and Evaluation of Bidirectional MDM PON Employing Concept of Mode Reuse
Background/Objectives: The main aim of this research paper is to evaluate the bidirectional mode division multiplexing passive optical network employing concept of mode reuse. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In this work mode reuse in MDM-PON has been intensifying the field of research due its enormous benefits. But not much work has been reported in this regard till now. In this paper the main focuses on bidirectional PON using MDM for odd modes. Mode reuse concept has been employed for upstream transmission by demodulating it through new data. Findings: While analyzing results it reveals that the upstream transmission at 45Gbps for 48 users has been attained and for downstream, again 48 users have been supported without any amplifier and dispersion compensation. Q-factor of 15 is observed in case of downstream and 11 in case of upstream for 48 users using bidirectional scheme BER of 10^-53 has been observed for downstream and 10^-30 for upstream. Application/Improvement: Use of the bandwidth efficient modulation schemes such as QAM, QPSK and DPQPSK can be studies in this work along with higher order modes. And work can be further extended to increase the data rate.
Mode Division Multiplexing (MDM), Passive Optical Network (PON), Time Division Multiplexing (TDM).
- Singh S, Kaler RS. Transmission performance of 20 X 10 Gb/s WDM signals using cascaded SOA with OOK and DPSK modulation formatsical. Optical communication. 2006; 1:100–10.
- Kikuchi N, Sasaki S. Analytical evaluation technique of self-phase modulation effect on performance of cascaded optical amplifier system. IEEE Journal of Lightwave Technology. 1995 May; 13(5):868–78.
- Nielsen ML, Tsuruoka K, Kato T, Morimoto T, Sudo S, Okamota. SOA booster integrated mach-zehnder modulator: investigation of SOA position. IEEE Journal of Lightwave Technology. 2010 Mar; 25(5):837–46.
- Banerjee A, Park Y, Clarke F, Song H, Yang S, Karmer G, Kim K, Mukherjee B. Wavelength Division Multiplex (WDM) passive optical technologies for broadband access. Journal of Optical Networking. 2005 Oct; 4(11).
- Lee CH, Lee S-M, Choi K-M, Moon J-H, Kun S-G, Jeong K-J, Kim JH, Kim B. Wavelength Division Multiplex (WDM) passive optical networks experience in Korea. Journal of Optical Networking. 2007 Oct; 6(5):451–64.
- Park S-J, Lee C-H. Fiber to the home services based on wavelength divison multiplexing passive optical network. Journal of Lightwave Technology. 2004 Nov; 22(11):2582–91.
- Shaukat SF, Ibrahim V, Nazir S. Monte Carlo analysis of broadband passive optical network. International Digital Organization for Scientific Information. 2011; 12(5):1156–64.
- Gupta A, Kaler V, Singh H. Investigation of OBS assembly technique based on various scheduling techniques for maximizing throughput. Optik. 2013 May; 124(9):840–4.
- Gupta A, Singh H. Exploration on various scheduling techniques in optical burst switching networks. International Journal of Electronics Engineering Research. 2012; 4(1):1–8.
- Gupta A, Singh H. Comparison of various scheduling techniques in OBS networks. International Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering. 2012; 5(2):143–49.
- Vinayak N, Gupta A. Comparative analysis of WDM system using cascaded amplifiers in optical wireless channel over a distance of 10000 km. SOP Transactions on Signal Processing. 2014; 1(1):25–32.
- Sarup V, Gupta A. A study of various trends and enabling technologies in Radio over Fiber (RoF) systems. Optik. 2015; 126(20):2606–11.
- Kaur P, Gupta A. Comparative analysis of inter satellite optical wireless channel for NRZ and RZ modulation formats for different levels of input power. Procedia Computer Science. 2015; 58:572–7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.