Total views : 252
An Approach to Mitigate Fading Issues for Underwater Communication using MIMO-OFDM-IDMA Scheme
Objectives: We propose an efficient, scalable, adaptive MIMO-OFDM Technique with IDMA scheme to mitigate the fading issues in underwater wireless communications. Method/Statistical Analysis: MIMO is the technique to transfer the data independently from more than one antenna simultaneously, and at receiver side data is received by one or more than one antenna. This technique increased the data rate while OFDM saves the bandwidth and combat from the fading. IDMA scheme is better than any other available multiple access schemes which show the best performance result in underwater wireless communication. Findings: We test the BER performance of MIMO-OFDM and MIMO-IDMA technique with a different number of users and we found that both techniques show limited performance result. We test the hybrid approach by simulating the MIMO-OFDM with one multiple access scheme i.e., IDMA scheme to reduce the underwater channel noise such as burst error or fading. This technique has the potential to serve as a primer for mitigating the fading issues in future underwater wireless communication. Application/Improvements: MIMO-OFDM with IDMA Scheme is employed to improve the below water communication with the help of the most common device known as hydrophones. Since underwater communication uses acoustic waves instead of electromagnetic waves, therefore, there are low data rates compared to another communication medium. This research is being helpful to reduce the fading issues due to low data rate. In this research, we used the random based interleaver in IDMA scheme. For future improvements, we can use new tree based interleaver in IDMA Scheme. The tree based interleaver is used for generating patterns and user separation.
Fading Issue for Underwater Communication, IDMA (Interleaver Division Multiple Access) Scheme, MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output), OFDM (Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiplexing), Underwater Communication.
- Manikandan C, Neelamegam P, Divya E. OFDM techniques for MIMO-OFDM system: A review. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(22):1–4.
- Sayeed AM, Brady JH. High frequency Differential MIMO: Basic theory and transceiver architectures. IEEE International Conference on Communications; 2015Jun. p. 8–12.
- Shukla M, Srivastava VK, Tiwari S. Analysis and design of optimum interleaver for iterative receivers in IDMA scheme. Wiley Journal of Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing. 2009; 9(10):1312–7.
- Hu Z, Zhu G, Xia Y. Multiuser subcarrier and bit allocation for MIMO-OFDM systems with perfect and partial channel information. IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference; 2004 Jul 21-25.
- Kalaivani D, Karthikeyen S. VLSI implementation of area-efficient and low power OFDM transmitter and receiver. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(18):1–6.
- Baosheng L, Jie H, Shengli Z, Ball K, Stojanovic M, Freitag L, Willett P. MIMO-OFDM for high-rate underwater acoustic communications. IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering. 2009; 34(4):634–44.
- Schmid TM, Cox DC. Robust frequency and timing synchronization for OFDM. IEEE Trans Commun. 1997; 45(12):1613–21.
- Kasiselvanathan M, Kumar NS. BER performance analysis and comparison for large scale MIMO Receiver. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35):1–5.
- Kalaivani D, Karthikeyen S. VLSI Implementation of area-efficient and low power OFDM transmitter and receiver. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(18):1–6.
- Yang H. A road to future broadband wireless access: MIMO-OFDM-based air interface. IEEE Communications Magazine. 2005; 43(1):53–60.
- Paulraj AJ, Gore DA, Nabar RU, Bolcskei H.An over view of MIMO communications- A key to gigabit wireless. Proceedings of the IEEE. 2004; 92(2).
- Meng X, Wu S, Kuang L, Ni Z, Lu J. Expectation propagation based iterative multi-user detection for MIMO-IDMA Systems. IEEE 79th Vehicular Technology Conference; 2014.
- Li K, Wang X, Ping L. Analysis and optimization of interleave-division multiple-access communication systems. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2007; 6(5).
- Dixit S, Tripathi P, Shukla M. SC-FDMA-IDMA scheme for underwater acoustic communications. IEEE Communication, Control and Intelligent Systems (CCIS); 2015 Nov 7-8.
- Coates RFW. Underwater Acoustic Systems. Wiley; 1989.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.