Total views : 341
High-Speed Detection with Avalanche Photodiode in Optical Interleave Division Multiple Access Scheme
Objective: To execute the Avalanche photodiode instead of a PIN photodiode in Optical Interleave Division multiple Access (O-IDMA) communication system and to analyze the performance for high data rate transmission. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The detection of optical signal at the receiver of the O-IDMA system is an important operation and decides the performance of the system. Here the detection is done using Avalanche Photodiode for O-IDMA system and analyzed. Iterative decoder is used for decoding at the receiver using the soft decision method. MATLAB is utilized as a simulation tool. Findings: The simulation results have been demonstrated that Avalanche Photodiode is appropriate than PIN Photodiode. The completion and efficiency of the O-IDMA system can be ameliorated with the utilization of avalanche photo detector. Applications/Improvements: The completion of the O-IDMA system is ameliorated appreciably by utilizing Avalanche photodiode and system support more no. of users, less bit error rate and large data rate transmission.
Avalanche Photodiode, Bit Error Rate, IDMA Scheme, Optical Fiber, PIN Photodiode.
- Kumar KS, Sardar S, Sangeetha A. An approach for enhancement of bit error rate analysis in SAC-OCDMA. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(s2):179–84.
- Sriwas SK, Shukla M, Asthana R, Saini JP. Fix the nonlinear effect and dispersion in optical-interleave division multiple access system for long distance. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2009; 2(8):49–52.
- Ping L, Liu L, Wu K, Leung WK. Interleave division multiple access. IEEE Trans on Wireless Communications. 2006; 5(4):938–47.
- Cristea B, Roviras D, Escrig B. Turbo Receivers for Interleave division multiple access system. IEEE Trans on Communications. 2009; 57(7):2090–97.
- Mahadevappa RH, Proakis JG. Mitigating multiple access interference and inter Symbol interference in uncoded CDMA systems with chip level interleaving. IEEE Trans on Wireless Communications. 2002; 1(4):781–92.
- Kusume K, Bauch G. IDMA vs. CDMA: Analysis and Comparison of Two Multiple Access Schemes. IEEE Transition on Wireless Communications. 2012; 2(1):78–87.
- Dapeng H, Pin Y, Hoeher PA. Analysis and design of interleaver sets for Interleavedivision multiplexing and related techniques. Proc International Symposium on Turbo Codes and Related Topics. 2008; 432–37.
- Pupeza I, Kavcic A, Ping L. Efficient Generation of Interleavers for IDMA. Proc IEEE International Conference on Communications, Istanbul, Turkey. 2006. p. 1508– 13.
- Shuang W, Xiang C, Shidong Z. A Parallel Interleaver Design for IDMA Systems.
- Proc International Conference on Wireless Communications and Signal Processing, WCSP, Nanjing, China. 2009. p. 1–5.
- Xinyi X, Quipping Z, Liang Z, Weibing W, Kegang L. The Model of Evolutionary Interleavers for IDMA Communication System. Proc International Conference.
- p. 751–54.
- Bhat GM, Sheikh JA, Parrah A. On the design and realization of novel pseudorandom based chaotic signal generator for CDMA applications. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2010; 3(5):554–6.
- Ping L. Interleave Division Multiple Access and chip by chip Iterative multi user Detection. IEEE Radio Communication. 2005; 43(6):S19–23.
- Tseng CC, Wang L, Kuo CH. Application of Advanced Computer Communication and Control Technology for Modern Substations. IEEE Transition on Power Delivery. 2016; 1–8.
- Mohammad SP, Saurbh, Gopal K. A hybrid technique for BER and paper analysis of OFDM systems. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(15):1–5.
- Wu H, Ping L, Perotti A. User-specific chip level interleaver design for IDMA System. IEEE Electronics Letters. 2006; 42:41–3.
- Shukla M, Srivastava VK, Tiwari S. Performance Analysis of Tree Based Interleaver with Iterative IDMA Receivers using unequal Power Allocation Algorithm. International Journal of Electronics and Telecommunication and Instrumentation Engineering. 2010; 2:15–25.
- Shukla MR. Gupta,Performance Analysis of Optimum Interleaver based on Prime Numbers for Multiuser Iterative IDMA Systems. International Journal of Interdisciplinary Telecommunications and Networking. 2010; 2:51–65.
- Shukla M, Gupta M, Tiwari S, Sharma PS, Shukla S. Optical Interleave- Division Multiple –Access scheme for long distance Optical fiber communication. IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research.2010. p. 1–5.
- Agrawal GP. Nonlinear Fiber Optics. Acadmic Press. 3rd ed. New York: United State Of America, 2001.
- Iannone E, Matera F, Mecozzi A, Settlembre H. Non linear optical communication network. Wiley. 1st ed. New york: USA, 1998.
- Weideman JAC, Herbst BM. Split-Step methods for the solution of the nonlinear Schrodinger equation. SIAM J Numeranal. 1986; 23:485–507.
- Sinkin V, Holzlohner R, Zweck J, Menyuk CR. Optimization of the split-step Fourier method for modeling optical-fiber communication systems. Journal of Lightwave Technology. 2003; 21(1):61–8.
- Aleshams M, Zarifkar A, Sheikhi MH. Split-Step Fourier Transform Method in modeling of pulse propagation in dispersive nonlinear optical fibers.
- Proceeding of CAOL. 2005; 124–6.
- Agrawal GP, Olsson A. Self Phase Modulation and Spectral Broadening of Optical Pulses in Semiconductor lasers Amplifiers. IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics.1989; 25(2):297–306.
- Keiser G. Optical Fiber Communications, McGraw-Hill Educations, 3rd ed., Singapore. 2000.
- Lam AW, Hussain AM. Performance Analysis of Direct-Detection Optical CDMA Communication Systems with Avalanche Photodiodes. IEEE Transitions on Communications. 1992; 40:810–20.
- Personik SD. Statics of a General Class of Avalanche Detectors with Applications to Optical Communication. Bell Syst J. 1971; 50(10):3075–95.
- Mazo JE, Salz J. On Optical Data Communication via Direct detection of light pulses. Bell Synt Tech J. 1976; 55:347–69.
- Teich MC, Matsou K, Saleh BEA. Counting Distributions and Error Probabilities of Optical Receivers Incorporating Superlattice Avalanche Photodiodes. IEEE Transitions, Electron Devices. 1986; 33(10):1475–87.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.