Total views : 167
BER Assessment of Conventional QOSTBC3, RARQOSTBC3 and Taha3 Space-Time Coding Techniques over Diverse Channels
Even with the presence of complex entities in their code structure, Conventional Quasi-Orthogonal Space-Time Block Codes (QO-STBC) can accomplish the goal of obtaining full rate but with the drawback of higher decoding complexity and less diversity gain. The logic behind more complications while decoding quasi-orthogonal codes is due to the existence of non-diagonal interference terms in the grammian matrix. In the case of conventional QO-STBC, there is a presence of pair wise decoding rather than the individual symbol decoding at the receiver end; these non-diagonal terms are responsible for the creation of interference from the neighboring elements which makes the system more complex. To overcome these drawbacks, a new paradigm is introduced for three transmit antennas which can bring out improved diversity gain and less decoding complexity by making a diagonal detection matrix. Analysis has been done for conventional QO-STBC3, RARQOSTBC3 and Taha3 scheme for three transmit antenna and different receive antenna configurations. Study over different channels and simulation results for the different order of PSK modulation shows that the RAR-QOSTBC3 outperforms the conventional QO-STBC3 and Taha3 scheme regarding bit error rate.
BER, Linear Zero-Forcing Decoder, M-PSK, QO-STBC, RAR-QOSTBC, Taha.
- Alamouti SM. A simple transmit diversity technique for wireless communications. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications. 1998 Oct; 16:1451–8.
- Tarokh V, Seshadri N, Calderbank A. Space-time codes for high data rate wireless communication: Performance criterion and code construction. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory. 1998; 44:744-65.
- Tarokh V, Jafarkhani H, Calderbank AR. Space-time block codes from orthogonal designs. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory. 1999 Jul; 45:1456–67.
- Tarokh V, Jafarkhani H, Calderbank AR. Space-time block coding for wireless communication: Performance results.IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications. 1999; 17:451-60.
- Ganesan G, Stoica P. Space-time block codes: Maximum SNR approach. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory.2001; 45:1650-6.
- Jafarkhani H. A quasi-orthogonal space-time blocks code.IEEE Transactions on Communications. 2001 Jan; 49:1-4.
- Tirkkonen O, Boariu A, Hottinen A. Minimal non-orthogonality rate 1 space–time block code for 3+ Tx antennas.IEEE 6th International Symposium on Spread Spectrum Techniques and Applications. 2000; 2:429-32.
- Badic B, Rupp M, Weinrichter H. Quasi-orthogonal space– time block codes: Approaching Optimality. The 13th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO); 2005.
- Park U, Lim K, Li J. A novel QO-STBC scheme with linear decoding for three and four transmit antennas. IEEE Communications Letters. 2008; 12:868-70.
- Taha ZQ, Farraj AK. Efficient decoding for generalized quasi-orthogonal space-time blocks codes. Wireless Personal Communications. 2013; 68:1731–43.
- Sharma V, Sharma S. Noval linear decodable QO-STBC for four transmits antennas with transmits antenna shuffling.Wireless Personal Communications. 2015; 82:47–59.
- Chugh S, Kansal L. Performance comparison of linearlydecodable RAR-QOSTBC and conventional QO-STBC for M-PSK modulation. Optik-International Journal for Light and Electron Optics. 2016; 127:5374-9.
- Golub GH, Van Loan CF. Matrix Computations. 3rd ed.Johns Hopkins University Press; 1996.
- Lang S. Linear Algebra. 2nd ed. New York, NY: Springer; 1987.
- Manikandan C, Neelamegam P, Divya E. OFDM techniques for MIMO-OFDM system: A review. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(22).Doi no:10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i22/79103
- Kasiselvanathan M, Sathish Kumar N. BER performance analysis and comparison for large scale MIMO receiver.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35).Doi no:10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i35/81073
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.