Total views : 159
Comparative Study of Diverse CFO Estimation Techniques in OFDM System
A multiplexing technique named Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM) has been widely used in a broadband wireless communication system. This technique can provide the larger data rates with the capability of showing enough strength to the impairments caused by the radio based channels. The OFDM based systems are supposed to be sensitive towards the errors that originate due to the frequency mismatch in the form of the Carrier Frequency Offset (CFO) effect. That further leads to an effect named Inter-Carrier Interference (ICI). ICI mainly occurs due to the inconsistency in the frequencies of the local oscillators that are present together at the transmitter and the receiver side. For compensating the effect of the CFO, the researchers have proposed different types of methods and algorithms used for estimation and its correction by now. In this research, the reason for the generation of the CFO and its effects are shown on the performance of the system is studied. The main algorithms and techniques for the CFO estimation and correction are reviewed and discussed in the literature briefly and also discussed a proposed and an efficient method for the estimation and compensation of the CFO is proposed.
BER, CFO, ICI, ISI, OFDM.
- Weinstein SB, Ebert PM. Data transmission by frequencydivision multiplexing using the discrete fourier transform.IEEE Transactions on Communications. 1971; 19(5):62834.
- Li YG, Stuber GL. OFDM for Wireless Communications.Springer Publication; 2006.
- Nishad PK, Singh P. Carrier frequency offset estimation in OFDM systems. IEEE Conference on Information and Communication Technology; Jeju Island. 2013. p. 885-9.
- Senevirathna SB, Jayawardena C, Perera SS, Perera CL, Ranasignhe D, Wijerathna SR, Bandara TN. Carrier frequency offset estimation for OFDM system using extended Kalman Filter. IEEE Conference on Information and Automation for Sustainability; Colombo. 2008. p. 351-4.
- Haykin S. Kalman Filtering and Neural Networks. John Wiley and Sons; 2001.
- Chen R, Wang X, Liu JS. Adaptive joint detection and decoding in flat-fading channels via mixture Kalman filtering. IEEE Transaction Information Theory. 2000; 46(6):2079-94.
- Roman T, Enescu M, Koivunen Y. Joint time-domain tracking of channel and frequency offset for OFDM systems.IEEE Workshop on Signal Processing Advances in Wireless Communications, SPAWC; Rome, Italy. 2003. p. 605-9.
- Kalaivani D, Karthikeyen S. VLSI implementation of areaefficient and low power OFDM transmitter and receiver.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(18).Doi no:10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i18/63062
- Avila J, Thenmozhi K. Let multiband-OFDM modified by wavelet. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jan; 7(8). Doi no: 10.17485/ijst/2014/v7i8/42090
- Vadivel M. Optimization of radio resource allocation in energy efficient OFDMA systems. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(S3). Doi no: 10.17485/ ijst/2015/v8iS3/62296
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.