Total views : 159
Comparison of Low Power CMOS Voltage Reference Circuit Using Different Types of Charge Pumps
Background: The voltage reference circuits are mainly used in the portable devices like mobiles, laptops for the long battery runtime. Due to this voltage reference circuits the circuit can be operated in the very low supply voltage because of this the power consumption of the circuit can be reduced. Method Adopted: In this paper the low power Complementary Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor (CMOS) voltage has been designed by using the conventional charge pump and to achieve the better low power consumption voltage reference circuits and high constant voltage reference different types of charge pumps like Dickson charge pump and the Static Charge Transfer Switch (CTS) charge pump has been replaced in the place of the conventional charge pump. The conventional CMOS volatge reference circuit has the power consumption of 1.007μW and the constant voltage reference of 210mV. Findings: By using the Dickson charge pump the power consumption has been reduced to 1.389μW and the constant voltage reference has been icreased to 231mV. Similarly by using by using the Static (CTS) charge pump the power consumption has been reduced to 0.803μW and the constant voltage reference has been icreased to 229.03mV compared to the reference voltage circuit using the conventional charge pump. Improvements: The CMOS voltage reference circuit has been designed by using the two types of the charge pump Dickson charge pump and the Static CTS charge pump and all the power consumption and the constant voltage reference circuits has been compared.
Charge Pump, Constant Voltage Reference (Vref), Dickson Charge Pump, Static (CTS) Charge Pump, Power Consumption
- Byung-Do Yang. 250-mV Supply Subthreshold CMOS Voltage Reference Using a Low-Voltage Comparator and a Charge-Pump Circuit, Proceedings IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems—II. 2014; 61(11).
- Malcovati P, Maloberti F, Fiocchi C, Pruzzi M. Curvature Compensated BiCMOS Bandgap with 1-V Supply Voltage.Proceedings IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, 2001; 36(7):1076–81.
- Ivanov V, Brederlow R, Gerber J. An Ultra Low Power Bandgap Operational at Supply from 0.75 V, Proceedings IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits. 2012; 47(7):1515–23.
- Yang Y, Binkley DM, Li L, Gu C, Li C. All-CMOS Subbandgap Reference Circuit Operating at Low Supply Voltage. Proceedings IEEE International Symposium on Circuits And Systems, 2011; p. 893–896.
- Kinget P, Vezyrtzis C, Chiang E, Hung B, Li TL. Voltage References for Ultra-Low Supply Voltages. Proceedings IEEE Czustom Integrated Circuits Conference. p. 715–20.
- Magnelli L, Crupi F, Corsonello P, Pace C, Iannaccone G.A 2.6 nW, 0.45 V Temperature-Compensated Subthreshold CMOS Voltage Reference. Proceedings IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits. 2011; 46(2):465–74.
- Yutao Wang, Zhangming Zhu, Jiaojiao Yao, Yintang Yang.A 0.45-V, 14.6-nW CMOS Subthreshold Voltage Reference With No Resistors and No BJTs. Proceedings IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems—II. 2015; 62(7): 621–25.
- Alan Rich. Voltage Reference Application and the Design Note, AN177.0, June 23, 2005.
- Gaetano Palumbo, Domenico Pappalardo. Charge Pump Circuits with only Capacitive Loads: Optimized Design, Proceedings IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems— II. 2006; 53(2).
- Hongchin Lin, Nai-Hsien Chen Bellos. New Four-Phase Generation Circuits for Low-Voltage Charge Pumps, Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems. 2001; 1.
- Ming-Dou Ker; Shih-Lun Chen; Chia-Shen Tsai. Design of Charge Pump Circuit with Consideration of Gate-Oxide Reliability in Low-Voltage CMOS Processes. Proceedings IEEE Journal of Solid State Circuits. ,2006; 41(5).
- Ming-Dou Ker, Shih-Lun Chen. Ultra-High-Voltage Charge Pump Circuit in Low-Voltage Bulk CMOS Processes with Polysilicon. Proceedings IEEE Transactions On Circuits And Systems—II. 2007; 54(1).
- Mostafa H, Ismail Y. Circuit Design Techniques for Increasing the Output Power of Switched Capacitor Charge Pumps. Proceedings IEEE 27th Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE). 2014; 1−5.
- Mengshu Huang, Leona Okamura, Tsutomu Yoshihara.Charge Sharing Clock Scheme for High Efficiency Double Charge Pump Circuit, Proceedings of 10th IEEE International Conference on Solid State and Integrated Circuit Technology(ICSICT) 2010; p. 248−50,
- Robert C Chang, Lung-Chih KUO, A New Low-Voltage Charge Pump Circuit for PLL. Proceedings IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems. 2000; 701−05.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.