Total views : 216
Recent Developments in Optimal Placement of Phasor Measurement Units Considering in Incomplete Observability
Independent System Operator (ISO) monitors the SCADA system to continuously check the health of power system. SCADA system refreshing rate is several seconds which may cause delay or even miss important information and the ISO may not be able to take appropriate action when most needed. An emerging technology is the Phasor Measurement Unit (PMU) which takes the help of the Global Positioning System (GPS) and timestamps the whole power system network with much faster refreshing rates. In this paper difference of Phasor Measurement Unit (PMU) and SCADA is represented. Rules and conditions to optimally place the PMUs in power system are discussed. A review on methods used for placement of the PMU in the power system based on incomplete observability is given. Also the spanning tree search based optimal placement method is also discussed.
Complete and Incomplete Observability, Optimal Placement, Phasor Measurement Unit (PMU), SCADA.
- Phadke AG, Thorp JS, Karimi KJ. Real time voltage phasor measurements for static state estimation. IEEE Transactions on PAS. 1985 Nov; 104(11): 3098-3107.
- Nuqui RF, Phadke AG. Phasor measurement unit placement techniques for complete and incomplete observability. IEEE Transactions for Power Delivery. 2005 Oct; 20(4): 2381–8.
- Zhou M, Centeno VA, Thorp JS, Phadke AG. An alternative for including phasor measurements in state estimators.IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. 2006; 21:1930–7.
- Phadke AG, Nuqui RF. Recent development in state estimation with phasor measurements. Power Systems Conference and Exposition. PSCE '09. IEEE/PES; 2009 Mar. p. 1–7.
- Manousakis NM, Korres GN. Optimal placement of phasor measurement units: A literature review. Intelligent System Application to Power Systems (ISAP). 2011 16th International Conference; 2011 Sept. p. 1–6.
- Baldwin TL, Mili L, Boisen MB, Adapa R. Power system observability with minimal phasor measurement placement.IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. 1993 May; 8(2):707–15.
- Peng J, Sun Y, Wang HF. Optimal PMU placement for full network observability using Tabu search algorithm.International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2006 May; 28(4):223–31.
- Mohammadi-Ivatloo B. Optimal placement of PMUs for power system observability using topology based formulated algorithm. Journal of Applied Sciences. 2009; 9(13):2463–8.
- Nuqui RF, Phadke AG. Phasor measurement unit placement based on incomplete observability. Power Engineering Society Summer Meeting. 2002; 2:888–93.
- Hale HW. A logic for identifying the trees of a graph. Paper 61-54 Presented at the AIEE Winter General Meeting, New York; 1961 Jan. p. 195–8.
- Nuqui RF, Phadke AG. Phasor measurement unit placement techniques for complete and incomplete observability.IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. 2002; 20:2381–8.
- Wollenberg BF, Wood AJ. Power generation, operation and control. Wiley Publication; 1984. p. 453–507.
- Monticilli A. State estimation in electric power systems a generalized approach. Kluwer Academic Publishers; 1999.p. 1–33.
- Power system operation corporation limited.Synchrophasors Initiative in India; 2012 Jun.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.