Total views : 162
Applications of Swarm Intelligence Techniques in Grid Computing
Grid computing is a specialized form of distributed computing where we form a grid of resources which act as a single system for multiple end users. Since we are dealing with multiple resources and an enormous number of users requests at one point of time; optimization is of utmost importance to the grid computing. This is where swarm intelligence techniques can help researchers and organizations to enhance resource utilization and efficient muti-request processing. This paper discusses swarm intelligence techniques used in enhancing the efficiency of grid computing problem areas and also proposes future research areas in grid computing where swarm can be used.
Artificial Bee Colony, Graphic Rendering, Grid Computing, Minimum Cost Spanning Tree,Load Balancing, Particle Swarm Optimization, Swarm Intelligence.
- Zhu DH. Research on the application of the case library based on grid using particle swarm optimization . Proceedings of the 2006 IEEE International Conference on Networking, Sensing and Control, 2006. ICNSC ‘06;2006.
- Musunoori SB, Horn G. Co-ordination in intelligent ant-based application service mapping in grid environments. Swarm Intelligence Symposium, 2007. SIS 2007;2007.
- Huang Y, Brocco A, Kuonen P, Courant M, Hirsbrunner B. SmartGRID: A fully decentralized grid scheduling framework supported by swarm intelligence. Seventh International Conference on Grid and Cooperative Computing, GCC ‘08; 2008.
- Khalil A. A swarm intelligence approach to the minimum reload cost spanning tree problem. IEEE; 2010.
- G´omez-Iglesias A, Vega-Rodríguez MA, Castejón F, Cárdenas-Montes M, Morales-Ramos E. Artificial bee colony inspired algorithm applied to fusion research in a grid computing environment. 2010 18th Euromicro International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Network-Based Processing (PDP); 2010.
- Li Y, Dong T, Zhang X, Song Y-D, Yuan X. Large-scale software unit testing on the grid. 2006 IEEE International Conference on Granular Computing; 2006.
- El-Kenawy E-SMT, El-Desoky AI, Al-rahamawy MF. Distributing graphic rendering using grid computing with load balancing. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012 Jun; 47(9):1–6.
- Raj JS, Priya DS. Contribution of BFO in Grid Scheduling. 2012 IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence & Computing Research (ICCIC); 2012.
- Zhang P,Xie K, Ma X, Li X, Sun Y. A replication strategy based on swarm intelligence in spatial data grid . 2010 18th International Conference on Geoinformatics; 2010.
- SarathChandar AP, Priyesh V, Miriam DDH. Grid scheduling using improved particle swarm optimization with digital pheromones. International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research. 2012 Jun; 3(6):106–11.
- Soares J, Vale Z, Canizes B, Morais H. Multi-objective parallel particle swarm optimization for day-ahead vehicle-to-grid scheduling. 2013 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence Applications In Smart Grid (CIASG); 2013.
- García-Galán S, Prado RP, Expósito JEM. Swarm fuzzy systems: knowledge acquisition in fuzzy systems and its applications in grid computing. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. 2014 Jul; 26(7):1791–1804.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.